PDA

View Full Version : Inglesina Twin Swift vs. Older Mac double

gel
12-12-2006, 11:38 AM
Just curious. I've read a bunch of posts where people prefer the Swift because of the third handle in the middle. Older Macs have that third handle. Which would be better, a new Twin Swift or a good condition older Mac? I was planning to buy the Twin Techno, but now am swayed by the third handle. Anyway, all things being equal which would you want more and why???

Thanks!

dscollier3
12-13-2006, 02:45 AM
The third handle on the older Macs or the Twin Swift definitely make it easier or just more comfortable to push IMO. The Twin Swift has a suspension in the wheels that the older Macs might not. I have a gorgeous older Twin Traveler and a 06 Twin Swift. The Twin Swift pushes better, particularily with an older/higher weight child on one side. As far as I can tell, there's no suspension in my Twin Traveler, which would account for the "push" difference.

HTH, Sharon

P.S. Also, the Twin Swift has an automatically locking fold where as my Twin Traveler has to be manually latched closed. That's a handy feature, especially when I'm in a hurry. I think my Twin Traveler is from 2004.

gel
12-13-2006, 09:39 AM
Thanks for your reply. I didn't know about the self-locking mechanism - also a plus for the Swift. But I have always imagined the Mac quality to be better. Do you think they're comparable? And what about an even older - England made Mac. Would you still choose the Swift over ANY Maclaren double? Thanks again.

Gabriella

hipmaman
12-13-2006, 11:16 PM
I like the much older Macs (about 1998-2001, England-made) and they are better than the newer Macs and the Swift. The quality of the Swift just didn't seem to look the same as these older Macs.