PDA

View Full Version : Marco Sky on Ebay?

elismummy
12-14-2006, 09:07 AM
Hello again everyone,
I am still pregnant with #2 (due in early January), and thus still searching for the right double stroller. I really appreciate everyone's help with this on my previous posts. I was looking on ebay for possibilities and came across this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Marco-Sky-L-Umbrella-Double-Tandem-Stroller_W0QQitemZ300060598712QQihZ020QQcategoryZ6 6704QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Does anyone know about these? It looks remarkably similiar to the Transit Tandem that we looked at at Target, but I am wondering if the quality/push is better?

On another note, I know this seems to be discussed often, but we are also looking at the mac twin techno vs. inglesina twin swift. Everyone we know has a mac and very few have heard of the inglesina, but everyone here seems to think that the inglesina is a better push for heavier kids, better overall. Is that really the consensus? I guess we are just a little unsure about trying a new brand when the macs seems so popular. (of course this could just be due to lack of education on everyone elses part. ;) )

OK, thanks for the help and putting up with my obsessive 9th month pregnancy brain!!!
Kati

hardysmom
12-14-2006, 07:35 PM
OK--

I've had a Marco Sky. Several were imported this time last year. If you do a search, you should find plenty of comments. They are OK, but not the Holy Grail of compact doubles we all hope to find.

I liked mine OK, though I did eventually sell it. It is handy, but I felt it steered pretty poorly. Also, though you can hang a TON from the handles, it doesn't have much on-board storage.

I don't think there is a consensus on the Mac v. Swift. Both have fans. I think a lot of Inglesina fans prefer the 3 handles and the larger wheels.

Hope this helps, Stephanie