PDA

View Full Version : The search continues for lightweight umbrella w/recline: SC Pop?

MNmomtobe
12-14-2006, 06:33 PM
I had decided on a new 2007 Inglesina Trip but don't care for their new colors at all. So I am looking again. Any info on the new Silver Cross Pop? How is the steering on this bad boy? I like the looks of it and it seems to have all the features I need except I don't know a thing about it IRL. This is what I am looking for:

Tall handles (for DH)
non-tippy so Maclarens are out
15 lbs or less
Viewing window is a must
Very deep recline- at least 150 degrees would be nice
Large hood would be great also
Great-excellent steering

If I can't find what I am looking for, I may end up getting a 2006 Trip. TIA! :)

MNmomtobe
02-09-2007, 01:06 AM
I am bumping this post hoping that someone has purchased a new SC Pop and can give me some info on it. :)

strollerqueen
02-09-2007, 02:27 AM
I have reviewed the POP on www.strollerqueen.com under "NewNewNew." I have no complaints about it. It is not tippy, and I love how tall the seatback and canopy are.

MNmomtobe
02-09-2007, 03:30 AM
Thanks SQ! Do you remember anything about the 07 Zooper Twist? Is the optional frontbar only for an infant seat or does it actually function like a frontbar?

sloneta
02-27-2007, 01:57 PM
We have the Jane Energy and are very happy with it. It is very tall and lightweight, and super plush for baby. We haven't used it much this winter (been using the Jane Nomad Pro outside), but what we have used it, it is wonderful. And, the price to have it shipped to the US was not much more (and in some cases was less) than looking at similar strollers we could get here. But, it does not have a viewing window, so if that is really a must, it won't help you.

MNmomtobe
02-27-2007, 02:41 PM
That is a nice looking stroller! Where did you find a site that delivered to the U.S.? Just curious since most strollers I tend to want are only available in Europe.
Anway, I ended up ordering a 2006 Zooper Twist. I hope DH will be okay with the handle height. He thought the Waltz was okay height wise (which has the same height handles) but of course, the Waltz is a single bar handle.
I really like the looks of the SC Pop but couldn't justify paying $140 more for it.

sloneta
02-27-2007, 02:46 PM
I ordered both from twoleftfeet.co.uk. My Nomad Pro (ordered last fall) came within 10 days. Now, they have online ordering, even for international orders. My Energy came within 2 weeks, I believe. I was very pleased with the turn-around time, and had no issues whatsoever.

DD also loves both strollers. When I ordered the Energy, I actually ordered the footmuffs for both strollers - she loves them!

strollerqueen
02-27-2007, 05:50 PM
You might want to check out the new Espirit and Candy:

www.gtbaby.com

I'm in the process of testing them right now, and will write a review when finished.

MNmomtobe
02-27-2007, 10:32 PM
Thanks! That is a cool site. If I had seen the Silver Cross 3D Pram last year, it would have been all over for me. Love that look of it. Do the company would honor warranties if the items are shipped out of the country? I ask because I purchased a Navetta bassinet from a Canadian website that I was unable to register. I suppose I could have registered it through Peg Perego Canada but I don't know how they would handle things that had to be fixed.

MNmomtobe
02-27-2007, 10:34 PM
I had considered the RSB Candy stroller. Emailed the company a few months ago and they said there was no viewing window in the hood, which is something I'm not willing to give up.

sloneta
02-28-2007, 08:59 AM
In all honesty, I didn't ask about the warranty. I am not real concerned about it with the Energy just because by the time I would pay to ship it back, I could probably buy a new one (or another stroller depending on what I like at the time). I am probably taking more of a risk given what we paid for the Nomad, but, that is a risk I am willing to take. I absolutley love both strollers, so it is worth it to me!

gcampbell72
03-01-2007, 11:08 AM
I just saw your post on the SC Pop and wanted to let you know that we have one and have been very happy with it.

In response to your questions:

-The handles are VERY tall, so they should be great for your DH
-The stroller is not tippy at all. I can hang my fully packed Timbuk2 messenger bag (and that thing is big!) off the handles and the stroller won't tip when my son jumps out.
-It weighs about 14.5 pounds with the canopy on.
-It has a big viewing window.
-The recline is fantastic. A nice deep recline with a very nice size extendable leg rest. The whole seat is nicely padded too.
-Hood is a very nice size. More generous than on a Maclaren Quest, but not as good as a P3 or Techno.
-It steers very very well if you use two hands, but it is difficult to steer one-handed. I have been impressed with the steering. For comparison, I find it easier to push my 36lb 3-year old DS in the Pop, than in my P3.

Lastly, I wanted to add that we did have a problem with the Pop after using it for a few months (it suddenly wasn't steering well). I called Silver Cross and they sent me a new stroller right away.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Good luck with your decision!

Cathy

MNmomtobe
03-03-2007, 01:34 PM
Thanks for the review on the Pop. Hopefully, you won't have any steering issues with this new stroller!
I did end up ordering an 06 Zooper Twist- should be here this week. It was only $110. I just couldn't justify paying almost as much for a second stroller that we did on our P3. Seems like the SC Pop would have everything I am looking for though! :)