PDA

View Full Version : Stroller "secret club" =)

Laundraholic
12-14-2006, 10:20 PM
DH had noticed this lately, and thought it was really funny...

We have a P&T E3, and where I live it's not really a common stroller yet (malls around here are filled with either Gracos, Maclarens or Bugaboos), although I'm starting to see it alot more.

Whenever I see another P&T, the other parent (whether it be the mom or the dad) and I will normally acknowledge each other by smiling, waving, or make a comment like "nice stroller!".
It happens EVERY time I see another E3.

DH always laughs and says we're like bikers or that we're in some secret "stroller club"...

I was wondering if any other moms have experienced this... is it a P&T thing or just one general stroller fanatic acknowledging another?

C99
12-14-2006, 11:35 PM
>I was wondering if any other moms have experienced this... is
>it a P&T thing or just one general stroller fanatic
>acknowledging another?

I think it's a stroller fanatic thing. :) I don't have my e3 yet (supposed to be here tomorrow!), but they are quite popular here. I live in a large city, so I see lots of fancy strollers. I don't comment on them so much anymore, but I used to do it quite a bit.

dugan
12-15-2006, 01:09 AM
LOL, I haven't had an e3 meet-up yet but I did have a few great enthusiastic conversations with some people who recognized my Valco Twin with toddler seat! My DH couldn't believe that women could bond over a stroller. :)

Katie

Joolsplus2
12-15-2006, 08:31 AM
Too funny :). On StrollerSWAP, someone made tags for strollers so everyone would know you were a proud dweller of the kingdom of Strollerland (I paid for three for the second batch, but never did get mine...hmmm... )

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

dylansnan
12-15-2006, 02:25 PM
Julie- The second tag order is going through now (the Swapper who arranged it had medical issues with her child) but was getting it back together. Maybe post an inquery over there about your order. I didn't pay much attention the posts about it- as I wasn't part of that order.

Hope you get your tags.

Joolsplus2
12-16-2006, 08:52 AM
Thanks for the tip, Cindy! I can't bear to read over there all the time, my garage would be even MORE full of strollers from all the temptation, lol.

:D
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx