PDA

View Full Version : TriMode, E3, MBUS: can those serve like an all purpose stroller? r/o

lincolnparkafterdark
12-17-2006, 05:43 PM
I'm totally rethinking my stroller purchase for our upcoming May arrival. I was thinking first about a regular full sizer like the new Mac or the Bumbleride Flyer but it seems that these 3-wheel types can also accomodate a car seat and a lot of them fold reasonably small and weigh similarly to the full size strollers I was considering. The thing that leans me towards the 3-wheel style is that I am planning on lots of walks with new baby to trim back down and I don't know if the full sized strollers I was previously considering would tolerate that type of excersize walking. We currently use a Burley for our walks but that won't accomodate a child comfortably until maybe well over 1yr old.

what do you think? and what others should I be looking at besides E3, MBUS and trimode? (and which do you think is best to serve as both an excersize stroller and a mall/regular type stroller).

I always disregarded these 3 wheelie type because they just look wierd but, well, they are so darn functional now adays. :)

thanks for your input!

Jen

edit: My infant car seat will be an old timey FP stay in view so I would need my stroller to be compatible

ellies mom
12-18-2006, 01:33 AM
It really depends on how often you need to be getting it in and out off of the car. While they may fold smaller and weigh less than they used to, they still do not fold up any where near as compact nor as easily as say the P3 and the Zippy. Well, actually if you are comparing it to some of the Graco-type travel systems, then I guess it wouldn't be that bad. But they definately take up a bunch of trunk space.

I have the Tri-mode and love it. Part of me thinks it could almost be an "only" stroller because it is so nice to push but it takes up so much space in the car (Outback)that it would put a serious damper on a Costco run. It mostly stays in the garage and I put it in the car as I need it. The rest of the time I keep my Zippy in the car.

knaidel
12-20-2006, 02:44 PM
Yes, absolutely! just check to make sure that they do fit in your trunk.

Are you in L.P., chicago? I take my son to Gymoboree in lakeview, and I've met afew parents there who have just one stroller- a Valco, or MB.
I had an ABC that didn't get too much use, but if I were using it and going into a store with tight aisles, then I just locked it up outside and used a pouch in the store.
I am getting a Valco next week, and , and will be using it as an all purpose stroller.