PDA

View Full Version : P3 in Toffee

mec
12-17-2006, 09:12 PM
Part of the material looks almost white. Does anyone have toffee & are there any troubles with keeping it clean? Does the white area stain easily? Thank you for any info.
Mary
DD 10/02

Sophiesmamma
12-24-2006, 02:20 AM
My experience with the lighter color P3/Pliko's is that they get dirty looking very quickly. All the 2nd hand one's I've seen are quite stained - don't know if cleaning would work or not as the PP's are "hand wash" covers - and that's wiping w/cloth by hand NOT handwash cycle in the machine...

HTH,
Tanja

val01
12-24-2006, 08:35 AM
I don't have any experience in real life with this, but the models on the floor at BRU are always flilthier if they have white on them. I bought the 2005 model, black sable which is black and gray for that very reason.

It's not my favorite color (like the mint green better) but it will last longer - I hope.

Valerie

nfowife
12-24-2006, 12:44 PM
fyi, you can wash the P3's seat cushion in the washing machine and hang to dry. I am pretty sure that the Toffee has silver accents, not stark white.

MNmomtobe
12-24-2006, 05:27 PM
I have the P3 in toffee and I use a stroller liner in the seat that I purchased from Ebay. I would be okay with DD being directly on the seat but I figure the stroller liner may save me from the PITA task of removing the seat fabric and washing it if DD were to have a diaper blowout some day. :) Now that it is colder I have a boot that I am using so DD is never really directly on the stroller seat. The trim on the hood is also that off-white color and so far it has been kept clean though I tend to be careful about that.
When DD is older and eating more solid food (thus having sticky fingers) I suppose I could try and scotchguard the fabric.
Anyway, I do love the toffee fabric and if I have to work a bit to maintain it, it is worth it to me.

Tondi G
12-26-2006, 07:25 PM
I have a P3 in Safari and it is FILTHY! My DH keeps looking at our 1 year old stroller in disgust! He is ready to pay for new upholstery cause he can't stand how dirty it looks! I don't know what I would get to replace it though! Our initial thought was to get hte safari to try to keep the stroller "cooler" in our so cal warm summer weather but teh khaki color on the seat got dirty fast! I'm actually going to attempt washing it this week!

~Tondi

Melanie
12-28-2006, 12:11 AM
I have the Anise and the white on the hood is hard to keep clean since when it folds it can rest on it or bump onto things. However, I do love the stroller anyhow.