PDA

View Full Version : ABC single + toddler seat - pics?

npace19147
12-17-2006, 10:25 PM
I'm debating what stroller to get with #2 and am curious about this stroller. I've seen the e3 and Valco w/ toddler seat in person but not the ABC w/ toddler seat - does anyone have pictures? I tried to do a search but didn't find anything.

I'm especially curious about the older child in the toddler seat - do they like facing you? Or do they twist around to see the world? Thanks for any input!

knaidel
12-18-2006, 12:11 AM
Here is a picture from the ABC website. The toddler faces the parent. The website has "testimonials" about how much parents love the toddler seat.

http://www.abcbuggy.co.nz/images/beachbuggy.jpg

the website is www.abcbuggy.co.nz

hardysmom
12-18-2006, 05:56 PM
Older kids LOVE the one-on-one time. Mine fight about who gets to ride in the toddler seat. I don't have a great back so it is also nice not to have to bend so much to load the heavier child.

The biggest complaint is with the fold, which is very, very long. Without removing the wheels, which is easy, it can't fit in many standard trunks. You can see in the linked photos that the folded length is like a normal all-terrain + an entile front wheel.

Here is a site with a bunch of photos. A couple of the people who submitted photos are on SWAP fairly often and occasionally one comes up. I'll be selling mine there sometime...

http://strollersandprams.com/stroller-photos/by-brands/49/Adventure%20Buggy/Everest.html

I've loved it- the only other con is that it isn't super stable on crazy sloped terrain when the toddler is loaded up. For example, it is a little top heavy for going up/down a lot of curbs. On the other hand, it is awesome in crowds and pushes MUCH easier than a loaded Valco or E3, has incredible storage and extras, and is really just better crafted than the other 2. Of course, it also costs more...

stephanie

npace19147
12-18-2006, 08:57 PM
Thanks for the links! Now I have a separate concern - how tall is the stroller with the kid in the toddler seat? I'm fairly short (5' 1") and I think DD might be taller than me in this thing! :)

hardysmom
12-19-2006, 04:52 PM
Gosh, I don't know the exact height, but I am only 5'3" and I've never had a problem. It isn't super tall. The adjustible handle telescopes, which is really nice.

I saw in your profile that you are in PA. You might post on the SWAP board. I think there are a couple in your area.

Stephanie

npace19147
12-19-2006, 07:06 PM
Thanks for all your help! I'm leaning towards an e3 now (or whatever it will be called next year) but still looking!

hardysmom
12-19-2006, 08:09 PM
I've had all 3 and my twins are just a month older than your child.

Depending on your uses, each has strengths. ABC is the best built has the best features, and the most fun toddlerseat but it is difficult to transport as an in/out of the car stroller. Also has the least stability. You have to keep an eye on it if on uneven terrain/curbs. It is tough to explain- I am not afraid of it tumping during normal use, but I don't look forward to climbing curbs, etc.

The Valco is the most stable, but tougher to steer. I'm not a big fan, but a lot of people love them.

The E3 is the lightest and easiest to deal with if you have to transport. Storage os a pain, but not such a big deal once DC #1 is walking frequently. It wasn't the greatest with twins, as I got sick of constantly stooping over to care for a young toddler in the jump seat, but with siblings I would have been more happy. I sold my E3 to buy the ABC...

Stephanie