PDA

View Full Version : Double Stroller Dilemna

HIU8
12-18-2006, 08:47 AM
Ok,

DH and I are starting to look at doubles. DS will be 2.5 when second DC is born in June. We went to Buy Buy Baby who told us the best stroller for two children was the Graco Douglider. The guy told us it is a workhorse and would work the best. At the same time he told us it wasn't the best stroller but most parents make due. It's 32 lbs. There is no way I can handle that on a daily basis. In the same breath, we can't afford a really expensive double. However, I want one that a newborn can go into with or without the carseat. We live in a neighborhood with no sidewalks so walks are on the street. I want to be able to take it in the car and use it at the mall etc... I would like something a bit lighter and it doesn't matter to me if it is SBS or tandem. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Heather
DS 11/27/04
DC #2 EDD 6/22/07

DandKG
12-18-2006, 09:19 AM
Hi,

We actually have the duoglider and while I was opposed to it at first, it has come in useful. If you are not wanting to spend a lot of money and want something that the infant seat fits in it might be your best bet. I find that I definitely don't use it as much as I used to use my single but I think that is because we don't go out as much. I also have a MBUD that I use in the neighborhood and for all day trips (like the zoo). I love that stroller! But really the duoglider is not that bad ( and this is coming from someone who used to have a peg) It is definitely harder to push but I found that when I was looking there were not too many choices that held an infant seat that did not cost an arm and a leg. Since we were also getting the MBUD, I did not want to spend a lot on my second stroller. Hope that helps.

Danielle

seeks1
12-18-2006, 10:48 AM
I believe both Zooper and Peg are making their SBS doubles car seat compatible on one side. Also, I think there is a Combi but it might only take a Combi seat.

HIU8
12-18-2006, 11:18 AM
Do either of those take a newborn not in a carseat along with the older child?

seeks1
12-18-2006, 12:06 PM
Yes, I believe they are both good for a newborn. You can find more out on their websites. The Zooper website has a special link to their 2007 models.

cstack
12-18-2006, 02:35 PM
I bought the DuoGlider for my 2 grandsons (due 1 month apart), but I've not actually used it yet, as only 1 GDS is here. It takes infant seats in both front and back, but only accepts the graco seats (snugride and safeseat). The back seat reclines all the way (on my version and most of the versions I've seen in the store) and it has a portion of the seat that comes up to make it "pramlike" so the baby cannot slide through the leg opening. It is VERY heavy (i've carried it up 3 flights of steps several times while moving it from 1 place to another) and not really compact, but it seems sturdy. I liked the look and style of the Evenflo double (again, takes infant seat in front and back and reclines to handle an infant not in a seat), but every place I've managed to find reviews on this stroller makes me think there are some quality issues.

BTW, I got my DuoGlider at a consignment shop for 1/2 the price of brand new and it looks brand new. You might want to see if that's an option for you.