PDA

View Full Version : BJCSD versus MBUD -- easier to fit in trunk?

hillview
12-20-2006, 08:54 AM
Hi all,
I am PG (early stages) and we are also moving to the burbs. DS is currently 17 months and 30 lbs and 35 inches. I would be due September 2007. I am thinking about a double stroller for walks around the neighborhood and also for trips to the zoo, mall or around the city. I think I have narrowed it down to the BJCSD or the MBUD. Wondering if anyone has thoughts on getting these into a the trunk of a sedan or SUV. I have seen the MBUD and it is SOLID -- seems like it would work very well but also want to make sure that I don't overlook the BJCSD. I am going through all the posts on these to get all the opinions already out there.

- which would be easier to get into a trunk of a sedan?
- can I use either of these as my all around double (knowing the DS will walk some of the time)
- another stroller I absolutely must consider?

TIA!
/hillary

bubbaray
12-20-2006, 01:11 PM
Others to check out:

BOB Revolution Duallie (2007 will have full recline)
Valco
ABC

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: c/s 01/2007

geochick
12-26-2006, 10:48 PM
I can get my BJCSD in the trunk of my Corolla, but the thing that drives me nuts is that when it is closed, there is no way to latch the stroller closed, so when I pull it out of the trunk, it flops open half way and becomes very awkward very quickly until I get it open and on its wheels.

I love the stroller, but hate the lack of latch. I think I'll invest in some thin bungie cords for it.

hillview
12-27-2006, 07:56 PM
THANKS Humm -- wonder if there is an "improvement" coming in 2007?
/hillary