PDA

View Full Version : one last bit of help?

elismummy
12-24-2006, 09:19 AM
Hello again,
I know I have been plaguing you all with my stroller quest for the past couple months, but I think I finally have my plan and was wondering if you all wouldn't mind some last minute input?

The stats: I am due in 2 weeks with baby #2, and I have a 20 month old son who is approx. 30# and 30".

I think that I have decided to go with the Jane powertwin 1st, with the understanding that it might not last us for a long time and we will likely need to upgrage. Here is my rationale: My husband is a stay at home dad and will be taking care of both of the kiddos once my maternity leave is over. He likes to use a stroller for short trips (grocery store, walmart, etc) especially since my son won't sit still in a cart. I think that the only way I can be sure that he is going to be able to get through the check-out lane is to get a tandem and that significantly decreases the reasonable possbilities. We did think about a P&T E3, but I am still not really sure about the sling style seats and the top/bottom configuration. I think the Jane looks like it is very maneuverable, and will fit the two kids (at least for the time being).

I will likely also want to get a bjcsd for neighborhood walks, longer trips, etc, but I think that will have to wait awhile.

So, what I am wondering is, those of you who have used the Jane (we don't have them around here to try out), will my son fit in this stroller comfortably (for at least a year I am hoping), and does this seem like a reasonable plan? I have read lots of old posts from this board and people seem kind of mixed on putting older kids in it. . . I really appreciate everyone's help and patience with this! My husband definitly thinks I have gone insane! :)

Thanks,
Kati

ShanaMama
12-24-2006, 10:42 PM
Don't think I'm gonna be much help b/c I have 0 experience with doubles, but are you sure you want to get a stroller exclusively for the convenience of shopping trips? Things to consider are where will he put the packages? Is the basket big/sturdy enough?
I've seen many variations of kid-friendly shopping carts, although not many for this age range. Shoprite has one where kids 'ride' in a truck & basket is on top, but no good for baby. I've also seen ones that have two seats attached to the front of the shopping cart (like an addition which you push & it pushes the cart.)
I doubt your big boy would be ready to walk next to the cart...
Sorry not much advice after all. Good luck

elismummy
12-25-2006, 01:03 PM
Yeah, I have thought about this, the Jane would be good for all around as well though, it just has the added convenience of him being able to use it for quick trips to the grocery store. I hear what you are saying about the fancy grocery carts, we have those here too, but my son is still too small to reliably stay in one of those, he was a late walker and just would never sit still in one of those. We usually go shopping together for big trips, this is more just with the in/out in mind with ease for my husband dealing with two under 2.
Thanks though,
Kati

sobers3
12-25-2006, 07:12 PM
I think the Power Twin is a great idea for you. My DGSs are 12 months apart and are horrible in a grocery cart. I always push them in the MBUD and pull a cart behind me. It gives me much more room in the cart for food and I don't have to constantly worry that one of them will stand up and fall out. The Power Twin should hold a lot of its value, so if it is outgrown, you can sell it and get something else.

elismummy
12-27-2006, 01:02 PM
Is there anyone who has experience with the Jane who thinks this is a bad idea/has a better option? I really appreciate any input!
thanks,
Kati