PDA

View Full Version : maclaren techno xt

SAHMIL
12-24-2006, 09:25 AM
I see that the Maclaren is put down as appropriate from birth on up, and after hearing from a few friends about how dissatisfied they were with the whole travel system concept between being too bulky (trunk space in my car is rather small) and /or not good overall (I will withhold brand names), and the fact that I have carpal and cubital tunnel syndromes, hence lighweight all the way for me, I'm curious as to whether there is anyone out there that used the Maclaren techno XT from birth on. Was it safe?

skipspin
12-24-2006, 03:07 PM
My best friend has used her techno from birth. She has a snap and go frame for her Snugride for quick trips and the Maclaren. Other than not having the baby face you (which travel systems only do when using the car seat anyway, so the snap and go works for that) it has worked really well for her. He son is still really small (14 lb and 6 months) and he always seems really happy when I am at the mall with her. It lays flatter than an infant car seat and the harness adjusts small enough to be secure.

I am going to be using my DD's stroller that's very similar to the Techno from bith with my baby when I just need a stroller for the baby (church etc) and my p&t e-3 for when I want seats for both of them.

So, personally, I would recommend it :-) You will use it far longer than most people use their travel system strollers so it should be well worth the money. My friend got hers when it was a year old (but new) so it was very reasonably priced.

hipmaman
12-24-2006, 03:53 PM
The 2007 Techno has the capability to 'plug' the infant carseat carrier into the stroller to create the 'travel system'. That should work for short/frequent-stop trips and the rest of the time, use the stroller itself for strolling.

lilac0422
12-24-2006, 05:36 PM
I have the Techno Classic and it definitely is suitable from birth. It has a nice recline and a great sunshade (2006 or newer). Unfortunately for me, my DD hates it. She has to face me or she melts down. I also have the Chicco C1 and the Keyfit carseat, so we are using the "travel system" until she outgrows her need to face me. Even then, I think we will keep using the C1 as it seems better suited to a younger child. It is sad that my Mac is sitting unused but I know that she will grow into it.

IMO, although you CAN use a Techno from birth, I think they are probably better suited to a toddler or older child. I can see why so many people start with a P3 or Zippy (or C1 although they are pretty rare). I wish someone would have talked me out of the Techno but oh well. Good luck with whatever you decide!!

ETA: I wish that the new Techno XLR or whatever it is called with the carseat option was available when I was buying. That would have worked much better for me.

SAHMIL
12-25-2006, 12:11 PM
There is a 2007 Maclaren Techno XT model out already? I haven't seen it on the Babies R Us web site nor on the maclaren usa web site. Can anyone tell me where to find this? It's for my baby registry. :-)

rl42382
12-25-2006, 12:41 PM
rachel l.

kiwi-kid.com carries the teckno xlr but it is a little heavier more like the p3 or zippy but it takes carseats and it will hold a child up till 65 pounds. hope this helps

Queensgirl
12-25-2006, 09:19 PM
Buy Buy Baby also carries the new Techno.

kijip
12-27-2006, 03:30 AM
I am lending my Techno XT to a friend. Her baby is 4 weeks old and she loves it, has been using it for about a week. I never used it with a newborn (purchased it when Toby was almost 2) but I loved, loved, loved it for the 1 and 1/2 years that we did use it. The recline is pretty flat and you can always cozy it up with a bundle me or blankets.