PDA

View Full Version : Can you recommend some double strollers to me?

searchdog
12-27-2006, 11:44 AM
I am due with DD#2 the end of March and at that time DD#1 will be 2yrs 10 months. I need suggestions on good double strollers. I was looking at the Phil and Ted's e3 but just can't justify the $450 purchase right now, with out exploring other options that are available. We have also thought about the Joovy Caboose.

What do you recommmend? It will mainly be used in the neighborhood, at the mall, maybe at amusement parks if that matters. I really only want to buy one double stroller so give me your best suggestion so I can start researching them.

Thanks

PS All I have ever used is a Graco Quattro that was a gift when DD was born so probably almost any stroller is going to be an improvement.

skipspin
12-27-2006, 12:07 PM
I chose the e-3, but my DD will be 3.5 when I have my baby in March, so although I need a seat for her since she is a slow walker and still snoozes on all day events I didn't need a full double. If she was 2.5 I probably would have gotten a Maclaren twin traveller (used) or a Twin techno (new model) or maybe an Inglesi twin swift. They aren't all-terrain like the e-3, but are much more of a true double.

I really love my e-3 and have used it when babysitting and think it's great, but if you think BOTH will be riding almost all of the time, a full double might be better unless your DD already walks a lot.

~Joy (also a CPST)

miscelster
12-27-2006, 08:55 PM
You might be able toget the P&T for cheaper than $450 - I saw some online deals for under $400 when I bought mine (of course, I saw these prices only AFTER I had paid well over $400 for mine!).

I love my P& T, it is my only stroller and I use it for indoor and outdoor use. Occasionally, if it's a short trip, I used my snap n go for my baby and my 2yr old walks.

megs4413
12-27-2006, 09:05 PM
hey Meg!

you and i are kinda in the same boat though your DD will be much older when your #2 comes along than mine will. i have only ever used my graco travel system stroller as well so i figure almost anythign is going to be better than that!!!! i've identified several "options" that would work in my situation best...though i've come to realize that there is no "one" perfect double....at least not at a price i can afford!!! IMO, the inglesina twin swift is probably the best double for a "light" stroller user (meaning you're not hiking or jogging with it, and mostly using it at the mall, around the neighborhood, or at a park). The downside to it is that it does not have a full recline for an infant. unfortunately there's just nothing i can do about that so we will have to make do when DS is still a newborn...

the other option i considered was the peg aria, but i tried it out IRL and didn't like it at all (hard to steer) and it's pricier than the twin swift.

my plan is to get the twin swift, and probably a mac single (or a chicco, i still haven't decided for sure) and just wear DS when we go places at first before i can put him in the twin swift. and i'll probably "cheat" a little and put him in the TS at like 3mos....maybe even younger if he has good head control...we'll have to see once i get the stroller...and the baby!

i HTH! it's hard working on a budget....this stroller purchase will be the most we spend in prep for this baby on one item....which seems ridiculous to me!

searchdog
12-27-2006, 09:20 PM
Best deal I have found for the color I want either black, charcoal or navy is $425 with the doubles kit. If someone knows of a better deal please let me know or if you are going to sell your used one email me PLEASE! If I could find a new one under $400 I would probably buy it.

npace19147
12-28-2006, 09:17 PM
apparently they are revamping the e3 for 2007 and a new version will be available sometime this year - so depending on your timing, you might be able to pick up an "old" version for less $$. I'm waiting to see the full specs on the new version and then decide which one I want to get - the old one or the new one. hth!