PDA

View Full Version : P3 Question

JoyNChrist
12-27-2006, 02:43 PM
I swore I wasn't going to enter stroller land (I don't need a new addiction), but here I am! Oh well...

I'm really interested in purchasing a Peg Perego P3. I like that it has the one-hand fold *and* height-adjustable handles (it seems like most models have one or the other, but not both). I'm 6' and DH is 6'6", so the height thing is really important to us. And I liked the demo model I played around with at BRU a few weeks ago.

My question is - can you push this stroller one-handed? It doesn't really seem like you'd be able to, with the two handles instead of one, but what do I know? I mean, I know I'd have two hands on it most of the time, but I'm thinking of browsing in stores and stuff, when I might just want to be able to push it along with one hand.

Obviously this is not an urgent need, as baby isn't even here yet and I probably won't buy a stroller right away. But I thought I'd ask...

Additional recommendations are also appreciated! TIA!

Momof3Labs
12-27-2006, 03:11 PM
You sort of can, but it's not the easiest. You'll find that one-handed steering is needed most when you have baby in one arm and are pushing the stroller, or a drink (or food court tray) in one hand. Then later when you hold the hand of DC1 while pushing DC2!

Since you mention the height thing, I'm 5'4" with a long stride, and DH is 6'3". The P3 definitely isn't our favorite stroller as we both kick the wheels, but it has a lot of other great functionality that makes it worth adjusting our stride for it.

C99
12-27-2006, 03:57 PM
If you want stroller that is great for tall parents (I'm 5'9" and DH is 6'6") and steers easily one-handed, you cannot go wrong with a Maclaren. I have not found the one-handed fold to be all that critical, but that feature's popularity may vary among parents.

JoyNChrist
12-27-2006, 04:21 PM
Thanks for the rec - what Maclaren model do you have?

We should get our DH's together for a staring contest. :-)

Tondi G
12-27-2006, 07:41 PM
One thing t oconsider befor buying a Mac is that they have sloped seats and some babies/kids do not like it! My older DS was not happy in any kind of recline/sloped position so we ended up with a pliko since it had a flat/upright seat!

Another one to consider might be a Chicco C1

C99
12-27-2006, 11:13 PM
I have had 3:

- Maclaren Global (takes a carseat, but I don't recommend it. I sold mine.)
- Maclaren Quest (suitable from age 3 months & up. I sold mine.)
- Maclaren Volo (suitable from age 6 months & up, still have it, love it)

Melanie
12-28-2006, 12:09 AM
You can. It's not as easy as a Mac, but it's not a Mac and it has other benefits that a Mac does not. I have both, and love them both. However right now my P3 is getting much more use since it won't tip over with stuff hung on the back plus has the "toddler" step. I definitely steer it one-handed.

mom2jakobandlukas
12-30-2006, 04:49 PM
i am able to push mine with one hand. it does take some strength. my son is 21m old.but if my 5yr old is in it-forget it! lol it takes both hands!

i love my p3!!!! my 42p son can ride on the footboard!

kijip
01-02-2007, 01:26 PM
I would get a Maclaren Techno for what you describe. It will do 1 handed really well and it is much higher in the handles than the P3. It is also fine for a newborn. I love Toby's Techno.