PDA

View Full Version : Peg Perego Centro and Aria

dcmmom
12-28-2006, 11:25 AM
I was hoping someone could help with information on how they feel about their Peg Perego Centro--there does not seem to be many reviews out there. We also would like to know if anyone has the Peg Perego 2007 model of the Aria that is now in stores. We were given a 2006 Aria as a shower gift and are debating between the Centro and the Aria(I know they are night and day), but any information would be greatly appreciated.
TIA

nfowife
12-28-2006, 11:31 AM
The centro completo is new for 2006 and not widely available. Between the 2, I'd definitely go for the centro as it has a full recline and footboard and sunshade. The aria doesn't have any of those featires, plus it has tiny wheels that make it hard to maneuver.

leblis
12-28-2006, 05:29 PM
I had the 2006 Aria and I just sold it so that I could get the 2007 Aria (I actually bought it last night). I personally really like the Aria. I chose to get a Bumbleride for outdoor activities and instead of getting a snap and go for the infant carrier I got the Aria so that I could use it with the infant carrier and later when my son gets older. That said, the 2006 did have some issues. The canopy was very small, the seat padding wasn't that plush, and it took 2 hands to open and close it. The 2007 is great! They put a new ratcheting canopy on it, it's huge! The padding is much more plush and you can open and close it with just one hand. The seat does not recline all the way on either model but it gets just about flat. I'd say if your baby is older, 3mo-up, and you are looking for something light weight and easy to use the Aria would work well. I don't really know much about the Centro, from my research I would probably say that it's kinda like the Graco's. It's not a huge stroller with lots of frills and extras like the Venezia or a Bumbleride, but it's not a light weight stroller like the Aria or a Maclaren.
Hope this Helps

Lisa - who secretly loves her Aria