PDA

View Full Version : Peg Perego Pliko Lite v. Maclaren Quest

kbsmama
12-28-2006, 03:21 PM
I am new to these boards and wanted to get your opinions. I have found some great deals online on 2006 Peg Perego Pliko Lite strollers and the Maclaren Quest. I want to get a lightweight stroller and I want it to be pink, so I narrowed it down to those 2. What are your opinions about those strollers? I've read great reviews about the Quest, but haven't seen much about the Pliko Lite. I also noticed on Peg Perego's website that they do not have a 2007 model, so I am wondering why they discontinued it.

Thanks!

angee80
12-31-2006, 07:58 PM
I, too, was debating between these two strollers because I wanted a light-weight stroller for my 18 months old daughter. Maclaren Quests are a little more light weight and more compact when folded. The only downside to this stroller is that its basket is practically useless (very hard to access) and the handles does not hold bags too well. I've heard that it tips over easily with shopping bags when you take the baby out. Pliko Lites are a little heavier and bigger when folded but it does have better padding and bigger seat for the baby. The basket is more accessible and the sun canopy is bigger than the one on the quest. I personally chose the pliko lite because I decided that a few more pounds is worth it for more comfort for the baby but I know there are moms who prefer the Quest so its really up to you. If you live in the suburbs and drive everywhere like I do, a few extra pounds on a stroller won't matter so much but if you live in the city, it might. I also do a lot of shopping (mostly for at least a few hours) so I needed a stroller than can hold more things in the basket and carry more shopping bags on the handles. So ultimately, there are pros and cons for both strollers and the choice is up to you depending on your needs. I personally like my pliko lite a lot and my daughter absolutely loves it. She also likes to put her feet up (which the pliko lite allows) and wouldn't like her feet to dangle. Hope this helps a bit..

lmwbasye
01-01-2007, 11:43 AM
I have owned both. The Pliko Lite is a great stroller. Great hood coverage, decent basket, nice plush large seat, and the leg extension is great. Unfortunately, I had to sell it because I kicked the wheels and the handles on the Lite are not extendable. This just about killed me as I've never kicked a stroller and don't have the problem with my P3 with the extendable handles. And I'm only 5'6".

We currently own a Quest and do really like it. I often still use my P3 with DS because he prefers it, but the Quest is a great stroller for in and out shopping trips. The basket is small, but I've been able to hold a decent amount in there. It will tip if you forget to take the bag off before taking out baby, but I just make sure I do one before the other. It is super light and easy to fold and pushes well. We love ours.

Anyway, either is a good stroller. If this is going to be your lightweight stroller, I would stick with the Quest since that is truly lightweight vs. the Lite at nearly 16 -17 lbs.

HTH!

MNmomtobe
01-01-2007, 12:19 PM
According to Strollerqueen's review there will be a Pliko Lite this year and it will be lighter than the 06.
I know you have narrowed down your search, but have you considered the Inglesina Trip? It comes in pink (though the 06 pink is not as bright as the 07 pink) and it is non-tippy. A poster here emailed me some pics of hers and she really likes it. I am planning on getting one sometime this year.