PDA

View Full Version : Which all-terrain stroller?

citycat
12-28-2006, 11:56 PM
Hi,
My sister is expecting her 1st child next spring and I am helping her with her registry. She decided to get a Graco travel system, but would also like a jogging stroller (but not for jogging). This would mainly be used for walks around the neighborhood and they also live near the beach so that's why they want an AT. Maybe occassional use for mall trips. Also, another thing to consider is that her DH is quite tall at 6'4".

We went to Buy Buy Baby and test drove the BJCS, BOB Revolution, and Phil & Ted's E3. Her DH preffered the BJCS out of all 3. I have read generally good posts about that stroller here. I have also read good things about the MBUS, Zooper Boogie, and Valco. I am wondering if any of these others might be a better option (or something else I haven't mentioned). Price is not really an issue since they will most likely receive it as a gift. Also, would you buy one of these others without actually testing it out?

Thank you!
-Catherine

Piglet
12-29-2006, 11:47 AM
Here is my recommendation, take it or leave it...

I just bought the E3 because I wanted a single that could be a double as needed. If your sister is planning on having more than 1 kid, I would really recommend the E3 or Valco because they are so easy to convert to doubles (and very cheap when you compare the doubles kit to the price of buying a new stroller when #2 arrives).

In general, if I were doing it all again and knew then what I know now, I would have bought a Peg Perego P3 (or Inglesina Zippy), an E3 and possibly a lightweight travel stroller. Instead, I have been through over 10 strollers so far!