PDA

View Full Version : i think i narrowed down my double stroller choice.

rl42382
12-29-2006, 11:29 AM
rachel l.

i am due feb 3 with baby # 2 i also do lots of local walks and shopping. we live in brooklyn new york so i live in an urban area my problem isn't that i can't test fancy europian strollers my problem is deciding which one to get. i wan't a fully featured double stroller because dd#1 still sleeps in hers and is very active so i need to restrain her when we go places. i am usually on my own most days because darling husband works in a hospital so he's not really around most of the time. my 2 main needs are walking/ local grocery shopping. i also live in a 1 bed room apartment on a 4th foor so i will have to store it in a small space for now. we also will need to put in a compact trunk from time to time either the hundyi elantra or a chevy malibu. my main choices for doubles are 3 wheel all terrien like the valco twin trimode,MBUD,or BJCS. the problem i find with the MBUD is the size when it is folded, the bear boned sling style seats, single hood, 2 handed recline methode, and lack of basic accessories for that price. the BJCS is hard to load in a car when folded but it has a great fold and seperate awnnings but it dosen't come with a plastic rain wind cover, or a front bar also it has a plastic front plate. i like the metal plate on the new valco and MBUD. the Valco Twin Tri Mode is new to the list mainly because i only decided to look into it after i saw the new model on the 07 stroller queen roll out. i like that it has to seperate hoods that go forward the recline looks nice it has a bar, pump,and rain wind sheild and the padding is more substantial than some of the others in this catagory.i was told by beth and jo at lets go strolling that the fold is in 1/3 so it folds the smallest of this three. also for this price it looks like i am getting all my basic needs plus i can get it locally for 599 for the new model so i think i narrowed it down i just want to hear from people what they think of the stroller, the push the fold and how it handels two different weights. also is this the best choice for me. i just wan't to say that i am 5 feet and hubby is 5"6 s and right now we have the inglesina zippy 06 and i preordered the matching basssinet and a stand from valco to use to hold it in the house. i also plan to use the ergo baby carrier at the begining with the new born. help me make sure the valco is my best bet for a one and only double stroller for day to day stuff or am i better of getting a car stroller that can work for both. help me decide the indesition in doubles is killing me. my dd #1 is going to be 2 1/2 years old feb 18th she weighs 27 lb. and 34 inches tall so she is pretty light and short so she fits comfertable in many strollers. the new baby is due Feb 3 so i can buy it even after the baby is born so at this point i am still researching. but i would love to hear from every one on board thanks.