PDA

View Full Version : I'm being lazy...help me pick!

JoyNChrist
12-29-2006, 02:09 PM
Okay, I know I need to do all of this research myself, but I'm being lazy today and just looking for some recommendations to get me started.

DH's grandparents want to buy us a stroller for the new baby. I wasn't going to worry about a stroller for a while - we're buying a Graco Safeseat and the Snugrider stroller frame, so I figure that and the Bjorn and KKAFP will hold us for a while. But if the grandparents want to pay for it, I'm all for picking one out now! :-) They said price is no object, so I'm pretty open to suggestions (no Bugaboos, but a nice higher-end model would be acceptable).

Anyway, here are my requirements/preferences -

- DH is 6'6", and I'm 6', so we definitely need something tall, with adjustable handles.

- I'd like the single handle model vs. a two-handle, since I'd like to be able to push it one-handed.

- Compatibility with an infant seat isn't necessary, nor is a full recline (since, as I said, we're pretty much covered for the "new-baby" stage).

- It doesn't have to be super heavy-duty - it'll be mainly used for the mall, etc.

- I drive a GMC Yukon that frequently has the back seats removed, so it doesn't have to have a super-tiny fold. I'd like something that's relatively easy to fold, but I do have room to store something that's a bit on the larger side.

- I want something that looks cool (obviously not as important as safety and durability, but I'd still like something nice).

So far, I really haven't done much research, other than reading the BB stroller section. I thought I might like the Inglesina Espresso, but when I visited their website, it doesn't look like they make it anymore. Maybe I could get an older model?

Anyway, I'd really like some suggestions if you have the time. I know I need to look into it more myself, but there are so many mamas on here who know so much more about strollers than I do, so I'm hoping to get a head-start with your recommendations. TIA!

ETA - I know it's been suggested that you should wait to buy a stroller after the baby's born, so you can try them out in person. However, I don't think that's going to be an option for us. There are no baby stores in my area (unless you count Wal-Mart, Target, and Sam's Club), and the closest BRU is 2 hours away. So I'm probably going to have to buy something online (which is why I really want to get some good recommendations and research this well). Because of this, I'd also like recommendations for online sources to purchase a stroller, if you know of any. Thanks!

nfowife
12-29-2006, 02:26 PM
I'd recommend the Peg Perego A3. Actually, I'd recommend the PP Atlantico, but they don't make them anymore, so the A3 is the next best thing but it has no snack tray. If you want something bugaboo-like, there is the infinity by i'coo (which is the same as the rock star baby just without the bassinett and different colors). Or the I'coo pico is a great stroller as well for malls.

So, those are my 3 suggestions for nicer strollers that meet your criteria.

Splash
12-29-2006, 03:21 PM
I've looked for the I'coo infinity and cannot find it anywhere. Google won't even bring up a single hit for it!

NewfieNat
12-29-2006, 04:43 PM
There are a few new Atlanticos to be bought out there!

http://tjskids.com/cart.asp?whichpage=1&mode=price&search=atlantico&maincat=0&category=0&brand=0&expand=categories&pagesize=&item=1010

It's a Canadian site but they ship to the US.

I love love love this stroller!