PDA

View Full Version : Help me pick between the 2006 Zippy or the Mac Techno XT please!

angienp
12-29-2006, 11:57 PM
Based on the excellent info on this board I've narrowed it down to these two. We're moving to suburbia so now I need a good every day mall/sidewalk stroller to go in the car. We already have a Valco Rebel that I love for long walks. DD is 3 mos with relatively good head control but I like the fuller reclines on these two models for sleeping. I'm not sure which one will be better as DD gets older.

I like the fold on the Zippy, the bigger basket, sunshade and the napper/snack bar. But it is heavier than the Techno.

I like the Techno's steering (didn't notice a big diff but DH said he did), the lighter weight/size and the sunshade is decent with the zipper. But no napper bar and much less accessible basket. And I don't like that the Techno needs to be pushed down to be folded.

Some questions - Does the Techno get dirty from being folded on the ground? Does the snack bar/tray make a big difference? Do either come with a useable toddler step or is compatible with one? Which one will hold up longer?

We're flying out to our new location in a few days and need to buy this for the airport and the few weeks I'll be staying with family during the relocation. Thanks!!!