PDA

View Full Version : Double Joggers

Nu_mama
12-30-2006, 07:55 PM
I am starting to research double strollers for my soon to be second child. We will have a 20mo old and a newborn and I know that I am most interested in a jogger, or AT stroller as we live in a very rural area and just everyday walks will be on mostly dirt roads. I am open to any suggestions but am hoping that I won't have to spend a ton of money. Some specs might be: able to use with a fairly new baby, individually reclining seats, fairly tall or adjustable handle, I don't think that I need a 16" wheel on the front but would like it to be a swivel. I have to say that I am not much of a jogger (even though I should be) but do like to take long walks. I had kind of looked at the Schwinn/Instep models but I don't know. Someone please give me some direction...Thanks!

Matti

newmomto1
12-31-2006, 01:58 AM
My needs are very similar to yours. I did a ton of research & ended up getting the BJCSD. It's not cheap though :-(
I tried less expensive joggers / ATs with DS & ended up returning every one for one reason or another (quality issues, seat back too short, etc). I really wasn't satisfied until I got a BOB Rev.
I haven't taken my BJCSD out of the box yet, so I cannot comment on how it will work for us (DD hasn't arrived yet :-)), but the reviews here have all been pretty positive!
HTH
Good Luck!

ShanaMama
12-31-2006, 02:22 AM
Another option is MBUD (Mountain Buggy Urban Double) but it's extremely $$$$. However, everone who has it loves it, no complaints whatsoever. I believe the 06 or 07 models can be fully reclined for a newborn. It does come pretty stripped down, & you have to buy the extras. (You can attach a bassinet style thing or a car seat with an adapter.)

geochick
12-31-2006, 03:30 PM
I have the BJCSD and love it. The only thing I don't like is taking it out of the trunk of my car if I take it somewhere (farm, park, mall). It needs a latch to keep it closed - it flops all over the place. If you plan to keep it in your garage and go from there on your walks, its a FANTASTIC stroller. You can choose to have the front wheels swivel or not. The handle is adjustable (I'm 5'8" and have no trouble with it). When I took my newborn out in it I used a Snuzzler, and I was very happy with the recline. My oldest ds is almost 3 and he is still very comfortable in it. The sun shades extend quite far down, so sun in the eyes hasn't been a problem for us yet. I added a BOB double cup holder to mine since there was no place for my stuff up top. I love that! I also added two carabiners (REI has a good selection of these). Since my new double diaper bag is so large, it doesn't fit in the basket. I use the carabiners to attach the diaper bag to the handle. It is quite spendy, but it's worth the money...assuming you don't have to use it as your primary mall stroller.

Nu_mama
01-01-2007, 11:24 AM
Thanks for all the input. Ihad looked at the BJSCD and liked it, but not as wild about the MBUD, even though everyone raves. If anyone knows of any deals on a BJSCD, let me know, I have already checked craigslist and ebay.

Matti

citycat
01-01-2007, 12:48 PM
They have the BJCSD on sale at Albee Baby www.specialtybaby.com, it is probably the 2006 model. It's $450, not sure if that is a good deal... Good luck!

quinnsmom
01-01-2007, 07:39 PM
>Thanks for all the input. Ihad looked at the BJSCD and liked
>it, but not as wild about the MBUD, even though everyone
>raves. If anyone knows of any deals on a BJSCD, let me know,
>I have already checked craigslist and ebay.
>
>Matti

Hi Matti,

I ahve a 2007 red BJCSD FS (on the StrollerSwaps board)

Email me if interested at quinn.willa @ gmail.com

Thanks!
Michelle :)