PDA

View Full Version : Reality check... Going out with Two Children

HIU8
01-01-2007, 04:13 PM
DH and I are expecting DC #2 in June. DS will be 2.5. Currently he is 24 lbs and 35 inches. He is in a Marathon RF and he won't be moved anytime soon. Meanwhile the new baby will be using a 2004 PP PV RF. Here is my dilemna, I need a reality check. DS #1 really loves to ride in his stroller and I assume that will stay the same when the new baby gets here. So, what double stroller will a 2004 PV fit into. I was told at Buy Buy Baby that it would not fit into the new Graco Douglider (only the Snugride would fit). I don't think I will use the carseat all the time in the stroller, but I have a feeling I'm going to want the option when going out with both children. I have a front carrier, but if DC #2 is anything like DS it will never be used (DS hated to be in it).

DH and I are looking at what we can do without breaking the bank since I will not be working anymore after DC #2 is here.

Thanks for your advice.

Heather
DS 11/27/04

C99
01-01-2007, 04:27 PM
I didn't use a carseat/carrier when my #2 was born. I slung her and often pushed DS in a single stroller. I will say that my DS was still a stroller-rider at age 2, but he really wasn't so much by the time his sister showed up a few months later.

Joolsplus2
01-01-2007, 04:34 PM
Doesn't the new...um... oh, Peg Aria fit a PV? Maybe a Joovy Caboose?
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

leblis
01-01-2007, 04:56 PM
The new 2007 PP Aria Twin seems really neat. It has a 60/40 split-seat, so you can clip in the PP PV car seat and still have a seat for your toddler. I think the 60/40 is new for 2007? I don't have it so I'm not sure how great it really is. I do have the new 2007 Aria and really like it.

Here's the write up on it (Babies R Us website):

An innovative side-by-side travel system, the Aria Twin 60/40 Ultra Lightweight Twin Stroller from Peg-Perego® offers a unique split-seat configuration allowing for an infant in a car seat and a toddler to ride in comfort. This lightweight stroller folds easily and compactly, and although it now accommodates a car seat and is designed for two children, it fits through standard doorways. Each rider retains his or her individuality with dual freedom of movement harnesses for the security and freedom of each child, as well as dual snack and play trays with cup holders. There are also individual, adjustable and ratcheting hoods, as well as a large, open spacious basket so parents have room for everything. The Aria pushes easily with its all-wheel suspension and swivel front wheels.

Lisa

mom2jakobandlukas
01-01-2007, 05:21 PM
December 23, 2006 - Review by Tracey H

I have two children ages 2 and one and this stroller is by far the worst stroller I own out of 7 strollers. The only good thing about it is the weight in that it's very light. I don't know if it's the weight of my children, but it's very hard to manuever this stroller. I also have to lift it to get over tiny bumps, such as when I walk from the street to our driveway, otherwise it's quite jarring on the kids. The other major negative is that the basket drags on the ground even with just a light object in it.

November 04, 2006 - Review by Stacy G

I love this stroller. It is very light weight and easy to maneuver compared to other double strollers. I put my 3 week old in it and my 17 month old and they both do just fine. I do have to put a headrest in it for my baby.

November 02, 2006 - Review by Jody T

My husband and I are very happy with this stroller. We have twins and have had many different strollers. It is easy to handle and glides when you push it. I wish it did have a better cup holder though. I don't use the one that's on it because it doesn't look very sturdy. It folds and unfolds very easily and the storage underneath is just right. I also wish it had cup holders for the babies on their trays. So far, it is the best stroller we've bought.

October 16, 2006 - Review by Rachael

This is a really horrible stroller. The harnesses are always getting tangled and falling off. I don't think it will be long before the kids realize this and start escaping. Luckily the only items to actually break on my stroller so far are the stickers but the overall poor construction doesn't give me much confidence. I do like that it's lightweight, but that's about it.

October 12, 2006 - Review by Kelley D

I don't recommend this stroller. On the positive side, the snack trays for the kids are great (hard to find in this category), the storage is ample, and it's comfortable for both my newborn and my toddler. On the negative side, it is extremely hard to maneuver and nearly impossible to steer. The first time I used it, about one minute into the walk, the drink holder fell off. It doesn't really matter because it didn't hold any drinks anyway!

October 02, 2006 - Review by Jodi J

All in all, I think it's a decent stroller. It's light, easy to maneuver but the storage underneath drags so much that there's a hole in it after only a month. Other than that, my kids seem to like it. Again, it is easy to maneuver, fits through doorways and is easy to clean up.

September 20, 2006 - Review by Kelly K

This is the worst stroller on the market. I took two back and then bought a different brand. The cup holder falls off (the 1st day I had it). The basket drags the ground even with only a bottle of water in it. There is not one redeeming feature except for the color scheme.

September 17, 2006 - Review by CBG

This stroller is horrible! The compartment underneath drags on the floor. The cupholder only holds one size and the drink always falls out. The sun visor is too short, and does not block the sun from the baby's face.

September 13, 2006 - Review by Frankie

This stroller is just about the most uncomfortable and poorly designed stroller on the market. We purchased it several months ago when our twins weighed 15lbs and it didn't steer very well. Now our twins weigh 23lbs and you can't push the stroller without jerking the babies to the point that they hit the back of the seats.

September 12, 2006 - Review by Anna B

Really lightweight and fairly easy to fold but was so hard to maneuver. I had a hard time getting through doorways and around things. The wheels always seemed to turn the opposite direction you wanted them to. Adjustment of the seatback was not good. I sold it after just a few months of use.

September 02, 2006 - Review by Cherie H

This stroller is awful! We loved that it was light and easy to fold up. After having it only three months and having only used it indoors, it started to fall apart. The trays fell off each time it was opened or closed. The basket on the bottom drags on the ground. All of the labels came off or were peeled at the edges. The snap system at closer stopped working properly. do not reccommend this product to anyone!