PDA

View Full Version : Reality Check..Two children and going out

HIU8
01-01-2007, 02:29 PM
DH and I are expecting DC #2 in June. DS will be 2.5. Currently he is 24 lbs and 35 inches. He is in a Marathon RF and he won't be moved anytime soon. Meanwhile the new baby will be using a 2004 PP PV RF. Here is my dilemna, I need a reality check. DS #1 really loves to ride in his stroller and I assume that will stay the same when the new baby gets here. So, what double stroller will a 2004 PV fit into. I was told at Buy Buy Baby that it would not fit into the new Graco Douglider (only the Snugride would fit). I don't think I will use the carseat all the time in the stroller, but I have a feeling I'm going to want the option when going out with both children. I have a front carrier, but if DC #2 is anything like DS it will never be used (DS hated to be in it).

DH and I are looking at what we can do without breaking the bank since I will not be working anymore after DC #2 is here.

Thanks for your advice.

Heather
DS 11/27/04

DebbieJ
01-01-2007, 02:59 PM
You might want to ask this in Strollers...

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

buddyleebaby
01-01-2007, 05:21 PM
I can't help on the stroller (we have the duoglider) but have you considered using a different kind of carrier?
Neither one of my kiddos would have anything to do with a snugli. I just recently got a KKAFP for my little one and she LOVES it. It has been a life saver. I just put my older dd in her single stroller and the little one in the pouch. When she starts getting fussy I switch her position and she calms right down. I don't think I'll touch the double stroller again until she is much older.
Yesterday I managed to do grocery shopping for the week and do a run to the drugstore with no tears from either of them. I was very proud. : )

tarynsmum
01-01-2007, 05:25 PM
I would say, I think you need to check out the "Carriers" section (or www.thebabywearer.com :D). We're nice, I promise ;)

maestramommy
01-01-2007, 09:24 PM
Yeah, I was going to suggest a different carrier also. Right now a double stroller (of any kind) really isn't an option because of space issues, and dd will be only 20 months when the baby is born (in June!).
So for the most part, dc2 will be worn, and DD will ride. OR, DD will be worn, and dc2 will ride. Our stroller seat can turn into a sort of bassinet for newborns.

It's funny that the PV won't fit into the Duoglider. Graco seems to be so flexible that you'd think almost anything would fit into their strollers. Or is it the Snugride that is superflexible and fits into any stroller? Hmmmm.

Do you have a Duoglider already? If not, maybe check out other carriers first, like the KKFP mentioned by PP, or a ring sling. I used that exclusively when dd was a newborn, since we didn't have a stroller yet.