PDA

View Full Version : Double Stroller Help Please!

bmhpke96
01-02-2007, 07:53 PM
I need help!
I have an almost 20 month old toddler who loves to walk/run but does like the stroller. There is rarely a battle to get her to ride unless Daddy is around and is willing to hold her hand while she walks. I also have a 3.5 month old.
So, which should I get - the Valco TriMode Twin Roundabout, the Valco Roundabout with the toddler seat or the Phil and Ted's E3?
My head is spinning trying to make a decision. I am afraid if I go with the Valco double that my older DD will not want to ride. I am afraid if I go with the Valco single w/toddler seat that she won't like the toddler seat. And I am afraid if I go with the P & T's E3 that they won't like the configuration.
What's a mom to do??
Oh, and of course I can't find anywhere in Salt Lake to look at them. I am able to borrow a Valco double from a friend which I will do this weekend.
Thanks for any input!

pumpflores
01-02-2007, 11:39 PM
I went with the P&T E3. I have a 4 yr old boy and a 1 yr old boy, and have been using the stroller since my younger one was a newborn. I am very happy with it. I ruled out a double stroller because I thought it would irritate me to no end if I ended pushing a half empty double stroller a lot. I much prefer the slimmer profile of the Valco and the E3. The reason I went with the E3 instead of the Valco is that with the E3, both kids have good back support and have actually napped in either seat. With the Valco, I could not see the child in the toddler seat ever falling asleep in the stroller.

HTH,

Melanie

C99
01-03-2007, 12:15 AM
The big advantage to the e3 is that if your older DD does not want to ride or rarely wants to ride, you aren't pushing a double stroller w/ only 1 kid in it. It's still totally functional as a single stroller.

You can always test drive the e3 to see if your DDs like the configuration.

Piglet
01-03-2007, 11:15 AM
We just got an E3 for DS2 and DC3 to use. I have a Maclaren double that I buoght for DS1 and DS2 to ride when I was PG with #2 and I truly hated pushing a 1/2 empty stroller! Granted DS1 was much older when DS2 came on the scene, but he was a rider.

The things I really like about the E3:
1) It is a fully functioning single
2) I pushed DS1 (45 lbs) and DS2 (29 lbs) at the mall just for an experiment and it worked really well. Neither one complained about the view, and both were comfy.

The things that bug me:
1) This is the 1st stroller I kick the wheels on, and I am only 5'4"
2) When I fold it, the handlebar tends to get dirty. I am sure there is a better way of doing it, but I haven't figured it out yet.

bmhpke96
01-05-2007, 12:23 AM
Thanks ladies! I am going to try and test out the E3 this weekend.
Hopefully it will be as great as I imagine it to be and my stroller problem will be solved. :)