PDA

View Full Version : What double stroller for nanny?

knaidel
01-03-2007, 01:14 PM
I hate to do this to you-- but can I ask why you don't want a jogger? Neither the Peg Aria or Combi Savvy are really great for city sidewalks. Also, from what friends say, these two doubles are not so great in terms of the push---meaning, as the kids get older and heavier the stroller will be harder to push.

mcyentyres
01-03-2007, 10:08 PM
I was afraid you'd say that. Well, I just feel like the joggers are a bit on the heavy and pricey side. Also both families are in condos so there just isn't that much room to have a large jogger sitting around either of our places. Is there one you would recommend? Which one? Thanks.

mcyentyres
01-04-2007, 07:30 AM
We live in Chicago and are nannysharing with another family. Our little one will be 7 months and the other family's baby will be 3 months old when the nanny starts to watch both of them. So she'll be needing a double stroller. So far I'm interested in the Combi Twin Savvy and the Peg Perego Twin Aria. Any other recommendations?

Here's what we're hoping for:
- No more than $250 or $300
- Not a jogger
- Good for city sidewalks/durable
- Easy to haul around + relatively "light" (if a double can be light)
- 5-point harnesses
- Think we need snack trays (but really not sure)?
- Will need to have decent reclining seats since one will still be 3 months old

TIA!!!

knaidel
01-04-2007, 10:59 AM
I see a lot of people with the Schwinn /InStep double jogger. They're pretty popular with the nanny crowd over here. You can get it for around the same price you can get a Combi douible (under $200) and the fold isn't that much bigger the the Peg Aria. There's a bike store in Evanston- around Davis street that carries them, I forget the name right now. Also check ebay for them.

Splash
01-04-2007, 11:30 AM
I have an Inglesina Twin Swift which folds up VERY small (I'm impressed by how compact it is) and reclines enough for a newborn. However there is no snack tray, but those are completely unnecessary. Kids can hold baggies of Cheerios if need be. Now if you wanted it because you want a bar in front of the child, that is a different story altogether.