PDA

View Full Version : '07 Zooper Waltz

JenRay507
01-03-2007, 05:43 PM
Hi there -
My first post and my first baby (due in May). I have been looking into strollers as I decide what to register for, what we REALLY need, etc. I am kind of leaning toward the Zooper Waltz. I see that the 2007 models are $70 - $100 more than the 2006s! What's the deal with that? Can anyone tell me what the changes/improvements are in the new models? Sure they come in a nice array of colors, but that isn't worth the price increase IMO. Thanks for your help!
Jen

rorycam
01-03-2007, 07:19 PM
I'm glad you asked this question. I have been looking at the 2007 Zoopers, and they all seem terribly expensive to me, with the Waltz at nearly $300 and the Boogie and Zydeco at or above $500. They look great with the new colors, but the price seems far too high to me. However, I've been wrong before and might be now, as well. :) I would like to know what the changes are, too.

zembaby
01-04-2007, 04:55 PM
Did you actually see the new Zoopers in person? I have been trying to find one but no one carries them in my area. I talked to the owner of one store that might order them and she said they were disappointed with the quality of the 06 Zoopers relative to the 05 Zoopers (cheaper fabric I guess) so I am a little worried. On paper the 07 models look great but I am wondering how they got them to be so light (18lb for the Boogie).

zembaby
01-04-2007, 05:13 PM
Did you actually see the new Zoopers in person? I have been trying to find one but no one carries them in my area. I talked to the owner of one store that might order them and she said they were disappointed with the quality of the 06 Zoopers relative to the 05 Zoopers (cheaper fabric I guess) so I am a little worried. On paper the 07 models look great but I am wondering how they got them to be so light (18lb for the Boogie).
Regarding the changes, the website (zooper.com) lists the features but not what is different from last year. The main difference I've seen is that they are MUCH lighter (the boogie went from 26lb to 18).

JenRay507
01-04-2007, 11:58 PM
I have not seen them in person. I plan to go to the one place I know carries Zoopers in the next couple days. I am hoping to check out the 2006 IRL, but I don't hold out a ton of hope that they have '07s yet.

I tried to compare the faetures as they are listed on the Zooper's Web site, but they didn't make it easy to do a side-by-side comparison year over year. I thought maybe weight was a factor, but in the Waltz there was not a huge weight difference - none at all as nearly as I can tell.

So I still can't figure out why they are charging $100 more for the 2007s. I'll post back if I learn anything after I go to the store.

Thanks,
Jen

rorycam
01-05-2007, 08:53 AM
If you look closely at the weight descriptions on their website, the 18 pounds for the Boogie is for frame with fabric only. They then weigh the wheels and canopy separately at 0.85 kg and 2.83 kg respectively, which adds several pounds--about 8, if my kg/pounds conversion is correct. :) So in reality, they weigh the same as last year, if 26 pounds was the total weight of a 2006 Boogie.

http://www.zooper.com/2007/2007-sl777i.html

Please correct me if I'm wrong--but if I'm not, I think that is a little sneaky on Zooper's part, because you have to read closely to notice.

JenRay507
01-05-2007, 12:13 PM
Ah, yes - I had noticed that with the Waltz! At first glance it looked like it had "lost" 6 pounds, but then I realized that didn't include the canopy or wheels. Thus my conclusion that the Waltz hadn't lost any weight after all. And that it wasn't easy to do a side-by-side comparison. I didn't think to check the other models to see if they had lost weight or not. Thanks for pointing that out! So we are still left wondering what the big difference is, huh?

(I used google to do the kg/pounds conversion ;))

Jen

maestramommy
01-05-2007, 04:40 PM
I have a 2006 waltz and I love it. There was a nice improvement from the 05 in that the crossbar behind the basket was removed. They must've changed the support system. Anyway, it makes it MUCH easier to put a diaper bag or anything more than 4 inches wide into the basket. A friend as the 05, and she couldn't get over that one difference.

I would say if you really want a waltz, try and find an 06 model on Ebay or something.

sweeta
01-06-2007, 10:52 AM
I just noticed a great deal on ebay for a 2006 waltz from a very reliable seller, the item # is 110076041038 right now it is at 99.00 with no reserve, 4 days left. I was going to buy our zippy from them, but they sold out of the colour I wanted, so ended up getting elsewhere. Good luck on your search.

JenRay507
01-09-2007, 11:04 PM
I still haven't seen them in person. I went to the local store that was listed on the Zooper Web site, and they are no longer carrying Zooper, because they are hearing a greater demand for Bumbleride. The gal thought that they were lighter this year, but we have seen from the specs that those weights are misleading.

I also posted my question on the Strollerswap MB at Yahoo groups as well, and have yet to recieve a response on there.

I bought StrollerQueen's 2007 review, and while it talks about the new colors and parent cup holder, (and has lovely pictures) it did not spell out any other differences.

I also e-mailed Zooper Customer Service, and here is their response:
"Well, while the basic functions of the Waltz are the same, quite a bit of
effort and money went into R&D for the 2007 Waltz. It has been completely
redesigned to make it sturdier, stronger, and more user friendly. Also,
there has been a significant increase in raw materials, which is why the
prices of all the strollers in our line went up a little bit (with the
exception of the Hula), not just on the re-designed models."

If I wasn't so in love with that new purple color, I would be hunting down a 2006 right now! I still may do that, but I'm really hoping I will hear from someone who can tell me the differences, or how they like their shiny new 2007!

Jennifer

lovetoresearch
01-18-2007, 01:00 AM
Well, let me be the first to say that I've pushed a 2007 Zooper Waltz. I've pushed it, open/closed it, hugged it, and almost kissed it. :-) I'm so tired of seeing the same strollers... for pete's sakes. How many Gracos, Peg Peregos, and Bugaboos can this world handle??? My husband and I are actually giddy about the day our Zooper arrives in the mail… :- ) We fell in love with the red one. We found a great selection of Zoopers at a store, here in LA, called Tiny World so we could do our own test-drive. There was so much to love, but here's a few: We loved the single, adjustable handlebar. We loved the ease of open/close. The snugride, and really any infant carseat, fits easily into it. You don’t even have to use the strap to secure it if you didn’t want to, it’s not going anywhere- unless you’re bouncing down the streets of Boston, or flying down Nob Hill in San Francisco. The stroller is awesome. I don’t think its overpriced at all. You’re paying for excellent quality, fabulous ease-of-use, and safety/comfort for your baby. I’d gladly pay the $289 for this thing all over again. I know it will last. There’s no plastic anywhere on this thing. I love the size of it- not huge. I don’t feel like I’m pushing a semi or a wagon-train. It’s super light-weight. It folds upright. I love the style. Can’t beat that adorable Zooper logo on the front bar… I hope this helps some of you who are trying to decide. I hope you choose the Zoop- you’ll be very happy!

hlam897
01-19-2007, 01:21 PM
I was able to compare a 2006 Bumbleride Flyer and a 2007 Zooper Waltz IRL yesterday but I didn't see a 2006 Waltz (sorry!). At first, I had my heart set on the Flyer but after a test drive I felt the wheels were rickety and flimsy. The adjustable handle height and reversible handle bar are nice though. I asked the salesperson if there was anything else comparable to the Flyer and she recommended the Waltz. I was pleasantly surprised at the nice ride despite small wheels and I loved the compact fold and lighter weight (the Flyer was huge folded). The Waltz has a flat recline just like the Flyer plus Zooper throws in a boot and raincover. You can also unzip the back of the hood, exposing a mesh screen to allow for ventilation on hot summer days. Unfortunately, the Waltz doesn't come with reversible handles and I don't think the handles are height adjustable (not a deal breaker for me).

Anyway, IMO all strollers can look great on paper but you really have to test them out IRL to be sure!

Harriet

MNmomtobe
01-20-2007, 02:12 AM
I think that with Zooper's price increase, they are more comparable now to Peg Perego and Inglesina- as far as price. There are people who think the pricier the stroller, the better? Who knows.

Anyway, I did test drive a 2006 Zooper Waltz last year and loved it. I loved that it reclined flat for a newborn and came with the extras like sun guard and rain shield. Like the pp mentioned, I thought the zippered portion of the hood was great to allow for ventilation on hot days. The basket was easily accessible and was a decent size. The Graco snugride sat in there pretty well.

I did end up getting a P3 though. I thought the larger wheels would be better for outdoors and I liked the adjustable handles.
The Zooper was a close second for us though. I recall that the Waltz could stand up folded also (like the P3).

I don't know what they could have improved in 2007 that would make me pass on a 2006- unless it was significantly larger wheels.
I think the Zooper Waltz would be an excellent choice.