PDA

View Full Version : Inglesina Swift - as good as I think it is?

deenass
01-04-2007, 08:57 AM
Having baby #2 (DS will be 4 so I don't think I need a double). I already have a P3 and a Graco citilite (for when we travel) but I'm thinking I want something smaller than the P3 for dropping DS off at school. Something I can just pop open and pop the baby in (that doesn't take up so much trunk room as the P3 for when i want to grocery shop!)

I liked the Inglesina Swift (esp the $120 price!) I don't see a lot of discussion on this board about them. Am I missing something?

heather13
01-07-2007, 10:12 PM
For the use you're talking about it should be fine. I test drove a Swift and Trip and preferred the Trip myself, but I wanted something that could handle imperfect terrain (like at the zoo or an occasional dirt path on vacation). The Swift felt like a solid stroller on the smooth floor of the store.

bubbaray
01-07-2007, 11:29 PM
The Swift doesn't fold really any smaller than a P3. The fold is a bit longer, in fact. Somewhat thinner, though.

Also, the recline on the Swift single isn't full. It is tippier than the P3 as well. Not sure for what you describe that I'd buy one if I already had the P3. The canopy is nicer on the P3 and the padding is more plush for a baby. There is also the floating harness. I almost amputated a finger on my '04 Swift folding it one day, and promptly sold it the next weekend.

I'm not anti-Swift, though. In fact, I may get the double. But, given that you already have the P3, I'm not sure its the best stroller for what you describe.

HTH

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: c/s 01/2007

dscollier3
01-08-2007, 02:28 AM
Hmmm, I think I'm going to have to disagree... having a Swift in the trunk vs a P3 is actually quite a difference, IMO. I have a P3 and the Trip. I love them both, for different uses. I checked out the Swift a while after getting the Trip and it's a good one too. The fold is going to be quite a bit thinner/flatter and a tad narrower than a P3, IMO. I don't have actual dims, but I can tell you that when I have my Trip in the trunk, I have more room available to use for other things vs when the P3 is in the trunk. It's partly due to the way you can position them differently based on their respective sizes. Anyway, I think the Swift is a great option for a quick-trip stroller. The recline is nice and deep for an umbrella stroller, and the pitch of the seat makes it quite comfy for the rider even without the extended legrest that the Trip has. I have the Twin Swift and really like it, it's the best of the bunch of twin umbrella strollers, IMO. It is also true though, that the padding and hood is nicer on the P3.

HTH, Sharon

jedfac
01-08-2007, 10:24 AM
I agree with you. I think my swift is more like my Quest. And it's definitely not very tippy like the quest is! I even have trouble tipping it when I want to jump curbs!

It's a very solid stroller and the kids are actually noticeably comfortable in it. But the visor sucks just as much as any visor on that type of stroller. It does not steer as well as the macs though, and I hate the fact that it doesn't clip closed automatically - you have to snap the piece on the leg yourself.