PDA

View Full Version : I bought the same stroller... again!

Splash
01-04-2007, 11:53 AM
So I went back to Marilyn's yesterday. I needed to return the boot from the Flyer. I was convinced I was going to get the BJCS, because it made more 'sense' to me, plus the fold was so easy and so compact.
Charlie acted like the thing had razor blades in the seat.
I tried him in EVERY stroller. He wiggled, he cried, he tried to climb out, he complained.
I finally just said to him "Charlie, what stroller DO you want?" and he crawled over and laid down in front of a naked (just out of box, no cover or seat yet, only the frame) Flyer. Like he could smell the thing. So I pulled out the other Flyer and put him in it. And while he had screamed in all the other strollers, he played with his feet and talked to himself in this stroller for 15 minutes while Marilyn and I yakked. He made no effort to get out at all.
I guess he picked his stroller!
So, I bought the Flyer again. I do love it, and he loves it. It's a monster when folded, but oh well. The customer service from BumbleRide is awesome, and they offered to replace everything on it that needed replacing, so I'll get the new seat.
I am sure Marilyn thought I was a dork. Oh well.

I took him for a walk last night. We went down the gravel paths and over the busted up semi sidewalks and through the grass, and it handled it all just fine, and still pushed with one hand while I walked the dogs with the other. And he was totally happy in it. I even ran with it for awhile, and while it definitely isn't a jogger, it was surprisingly stable and comfortable to run with for a four wheeled mall stroller.

Charlie loves Marilyn's shop so much. He's been four times in the last week now! When we were leaving, he fell in love with this penguin she had for sale. She had bunches of them, but no price tag on any. I asked her how much he was, she said just to take him. I told her no, I wanted to pay for him, and she told me she didn't even know how much they cost, just take him because Charlie liked him. I love Marilyn.

Now, I hope this stroller remains fabulous for us! I think it will, and customer service has been so awesome that I am sure even if something goes wrong, I'll have no problems fixing it.

Splash
01-04-2007, 11:53 AM
So I went back to Marilyn's yesterday. I needed to return the boot from the Flyer. I was convinced I was going to get the BJCS, because it made more 'sense' to me, plus the fold was so easy and so compact.
Charlie acted like the thing had razor blades in the seat.
I tried him in EVERY stroller. He wiggled, he cried, he tried to climb out, he complained.
I finally just said to him "Charlie, what stroller DO you want?" and he crawled over and laid down in front of a naked (just out of box, no cover or seat yet, only the frame) Flyer. Like he could smell the thing. So I pulled out the other Flyer and put him in it. And while he had screamed in all the other strollers, he played with his feet and talked to himself in this stroller for 15 minutes while Marilyn and I yakked. He made no effort to get out at all.
I guess he picked his stroller!
So, I bought the Flyer again. I do love it, and he loves it. It's a monster when folded, but oh well. The customer service from BumbleRide is awesome, and they offered to replace everything on it that needed replacing, so I'll get the new seat.
I am sure Marilyn thought I was a dork. Oh well.

I took him for a walk last night. We went down the gravel paths and over the busted up semi sidewalks and through the grass, and it handled it all just fine, and still pushed with one hand while I walked the dogs with the other. And he was totally happy in it. I even ran with it for awhile, and while it definitely isn't a jogger, it was surprisingly stable and comfortable to run with for a four wheeled mall stroller.

Charlie loves Marilyn's shop so much. He's been four times in the last week now! When we were leaving, he fell in love with this penguin she had for sale. She had bunches of them, but no price tag on any. I asked her how much he was, she said just to take him. I told her no, I wanted to pay for him, and she told me she didn't even know how much they cost, just take him because Charlie liked him. I love Marilyn.

Now, I hope this stroller remains fabulous for us! I think it will, and customer service has been so awesome that I am sure even if something goes wrong, I'll have no problems fixing it.

momathome
01-04-2007, 12:10 PM
Yay! I am glad you settled the stroller issue. That is too funny that Charlie picked his own stroller - smart boy. :) I hope you get the seat replaced easily and enjoy your Flyer. We are loving our Rocket!