PDA

View Full Version : Help with double stroller rec. for a friend!

tylersmama
01-08-2007, 12:12 AM
My best friend is due at the end of February with her second DD. DD1 will be 16 months old when DD2 is born. We are throwing her a surprise baby shower next week (she didn't get a shower for DD1 as her DH got transferred out of state suddenly, but they moved back several months ago). Since she already has most of the things she needs for the new baby, we thought it would be a good idea to pool our money to get her a double stroller. She was looking at some with her friend who is helping me with the shower, but it sounds like she was just looking at pretty cheap ones (around $150). With our pooled resources, I think we can get her a much better one, but I need some help figuring out the best one to get her!

Here's what she is looking for:
1) Side by side
2) One side accepts infant seat (Snugride)
3) Easy fold, fairly light (easy to get in and out of her SUV)

I would say that it will mostly be for heavy neighborhood walking and mall crawling, she probably doesn't need anything too heavy duty. A jogging stroller would be great as long as it fits the criteria above. Our budget is looking to be between $300 and $400 (probably closer to $400). I'm pretty clueless about strollers in general, so all advice is appreciated. Ideally, I would be able to get it at a store here in town (Denver) so we could have it at the shower, but I would rather have a really good stroller that we give her a picture of than a not so good stroller that's just easier to find.

Help!

tylersmama
01-08-2007, 06:25 PM
Replying to my own post to bump it up and add some details.

I was shopping with my friend today and I was trying to feel her out about the strollers to see what is important to her. It seems like she may have changed her mind on the side by side stroller since they are kind of hard to get through doorways and aisles, etc. The thing that originally turned her off a tandem stroller was her friend's Duoglider which weighs a ton.

So with that in mind, can I get some recommendations for a somewhat lightweight double stroller that will take a Snugride? Please help!

Thanks,