PDA

View Full Version : Which lightweight indoor stroller should I buy?

PAfirsttimemom
01-09-2007, 03:35 AM
For shopping trips I currently just use the Graco SnugRider stroller frame with DS's car seat. At 10 months, he is about to outgrow the seat, so I am in the market for a new lightweight stroller that I can keep in the car and unfold for trips in and out of stores, etc. Does anyone have recommendations? (I have a Zooper Boogie at home that I keep unfolded in the garage for outdoor walks. It is big and bulky, and we rarely take it in the car.)

Thanks!

Marriedladytara
01-09-2007, 05:36 AM
We used our Snug Rider until Jonah was about 10 months old too. It was the best thing ever.

Jonah now rides in a Mac Quest (which lives in our car). We love it. It's super smooth and very lightweight. We got it when he was 6 months old. I would HIGHLY recommend checking one out. If that's too pricey, your son would probably be ready for the Triumph as well (doesn't recline as much).

alexsharp
01-09-2007, 08:21 AM
I totally agree on the Maclaren recommendation. I bought a Mac Daytripper (I don't think they are available anymore) almost 5 years ago. I bought it for a trip to NYC - we had a Peg Venezia (full size). After that trip I found that I would use that stroller all of the time. When my son came a few years later I used a stroller frame while he was in the infant carrier and then moved him to the mac. It has held up all of this time and I have had no issues with it (other than needing to be cleaned!). I like the Maclaren Techno too - depending on your budget. I know some people have been able to find Macs at Costco.

PAfirsttimemom
01-09-2007, 10:13 AM
Thanks for those recommendations. I am really going to miss the SnugRider. I agree that it is great. But DS actually prefers to sit up when strolling now anyway (absolutely loves riding in the Zooper), so I think he's ready for me to get a more upright lightweight stroller. Are the Maclarens carried by Babies R Us? Anywhere else?

Please keep the suggestions coming! Thanks!

kaycee14
01-09-2007, 02:05 PM
Hi!
My DD loves sitting up too, so we have nearly stopped using our SnugRide. We purchased the Zooper Waltz for her and she loves it... so do I!

Kathy
Mommy to a wonderful baby girl
http://b1.lilypie.com/IX8zm7.png

alexsharp
01-09-2007, 05:23 PM
Macs are available at Babies-R-Us and lots of other baby stores like Buy Buy Baby. You can go to their website - www.maclarenbaby.com and they list local retailers. Both Mac and Zoopers are available at Target.com - and return them at the store!

heather13
01-10-2007, 10:56 AM
We got an Inglesina Trip which I love to replace our stroller frame. DD enjoys sitting more upright too.