PDA

View Full Version : Lightweight stroller-Everyday and Disneyworld!

bobacat
01-09-2007, 01:19 PM
I think I need a new stroller. I have a Venezia that I used when DS was really little. Now I never use it. It's too heavy and doesn't steer well. I have a Dreamer Design that I love, but I don't use it everyday. Just for the park or anywhere we'll be offroad.

My everyday stroller is a Peg Aria, and it's falling apart and I'm starting to hate it. We're going to Disneyworld in a month and I wonder if I'd like to get a new everyday stroller that I can also take to Disney with us.

What I like about the Aria...
-Reclines almost all the way
-Really lightweight
-Snack tray
-Pretty good basket

What I hate...
-Falling apart. Several pieces have broken off
-The cupholder in the snack tray won't stay in, and the cupholders in general are not big enough
-The upper straps aren't connected to the stroller. They're always falling out.

Any suggestions for a stroller with features like the Aria, but better? I'd like something my 14 month old could nap in sometimes, but it has to be pretty light and have a decent basket. And a snack tray and cupholder for me would be great. Thoughts?

deenass
01-10-2007, 09:08 AM
YEARS ago, we bought a Graco citilite (for when we travelled). IT was under $100 and I wasn't afraid to chekc it on an airplane. I know Gracos get a bad rap on this board (probably for good eason!) but this stroller has worked for us (along with a P3). Before the P3 I had bought the Aria but didn't think it had enough padding for him so returned it.

We got the citilite when we took DS to Disney at 8 mos (and took it back when we took him to Disney at almost 3 years!)

bobacat
01-10-2007, 12:37 PM
Thanks! I'm looking into the Gracos and Evenflos for the trip. I can't make up my mind. Now I'm thinking maybe I should bring our Venezia, since it's so posh. :(