PDA

View Full Version : So Confused!!! Need Help Deciding!

nic33
01-11-2007, 05:32 PM
Just when I thought I had it all figured out.... I currently have a Graco stroller frame and a Dreamer Design Jogger. DS is almost 6 mos and outgrowing the Snugride, so we need to get yet another stroller. This one will be primarily for running errands, grocery store, and shopping. There's the problem - it seems everyone has a separate stroller for each activity, which DH will NOT understand! Everyone seems to love their Macs for errands, but says they're too tippy, small basket, no snack tray for a lengthy excursion. I've also read the Chicco Tuscany is good too, but again, no snack tray. Am I searching in vain, or is there a stroller that will double-duty for quick errands as well as longer outings? As DS is only 6 mos he's not yet snacking - but if I get an umbrella will I then have to buy ANOTHER stroller when he starts so he can have a tray for the mall, zoo, etc? As for price, if I am destined to get 2 separate strollers I'd prefer them be reasonably priced, but if there is such a thing as a lightweight errand AND mall stroller I'll pay whatever!!! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Joolsplus2
01-12-2007, 09:00 AM
If you don't carry the diaper bag from hades, then a Mac should be fine... I think a Quest is nice...good for longer days (recline, legrest), light to tote around for errands. Or a P3 or Zippy are a little heavier but more full featured. None of my kids have ever had a snack tray, and they are fine (what's with us Americans eating all the time, anyway? lol).

Just look at what you DO, really... are you in the mall for hours doing marathon shopping? Do you have a massive diaper bag? That's why you see the mondo huge Gracos in the malls, that's what they are made for. I'm a super-light traveler...a diaper, keys, baggie of cheerios, and I've done fine with my mac volo (no recline, so not great for a baby, but it served my middle dd from age 2 to 5).

Heheh, can your dh do every household job with only one screwdriver? No..you need the right tool for the job, he'll get used to you having more than one or two strollers, and a good stroller has great resale value, to boot! (ok, so I have 7 right now, which is probably too many, but it's my last baby, I didn't want to deprive myself :D).
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

Niki_n_Abby
01-12-2007, 09:09 AM
You really don't NEED a snack tray. The only time I used a stroller snack tray was when I used my Venezia and had dd facing me. Otherwise I was afraid she would choak and I wouldn't see her. A Zippy or P3 fold umbrella style and are easy to take in and our of your trunk and have a tray. They aren't tippy and you can hang your diaper bag from the handles. If you are only taking the stroller in and out of your trunk, for me, it doesn't really matter how much it weighs. I'm not having to lugg it up a flight of stairs.

Macs are fine as everyday strollers too. They are tippy and that drives me crazy. But the lack of child tray doesn't effect you being able to feed the baby if you are out and about all day.

I also like the lighter Inglesina strollers like the Trip or Swift. They are less tippy then Macs and still steer great.

Niki

Tondi G
01-12-2007, 03:52 PM
I would suggest a P3, Zippy or the Chicco C1

nic33
01-12-2007, 05:06 PM
Julie, I'm so glad you said you have 7 strollers - I will use you as my example when I make my point to DH that we may have to have 4 - hey, 4's better than 7, right? LOL :)

abharrington
01-12-2007, 05:46 PM
we have the Mac techno and if Dh and I werent' both runners, it would be our 1 and only. (we LOVE the Bob for runs in the park and such) i aggree w/ pp's about not needing a snack tray. one more thing to have to keep clean! the mac is light enough for easy in/out of the car as well as a great recline, so i have been happy to use it since birth. At 6 months, though, i may go with the quest for something a little lighter. HTH.

Joolsplus2
01-13-2007, 08:40 AM
Oh, just find some of the other stroller addicts... it's not uncommon for people to go through at least 20 to find the 'right' one, lol (and this is 7 with my third and final baby, I had at least 15 with the first 2 kids <blush blush blush>)

:D
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx