PDA

View Full Version : What's the difference btwn the BOB SUS D'lux 2006 vs. 2007?

madredenino
01-11-2007, 10:36 PM
All,

Does anyone know what the differences will be between the 2006 Bob Sus D'Lux and the 2007 models? I know I want this stroller, but I'm wondering if there will be new features that will make it worth waiting for the new model (and paying more for it). I'd appreciate any info and help you can offer!

lilhilly
01-12-2007, 10:15 AM
I believe that all the 2007 BOBs are going to have a deeper recline and a footbrake, but I'm not absolutely positive. If you google, I remember seeing a BOB press release about the new line floating around somewhere.

madredenino
01-12-2007, 10:48 AM
Do you think that those will be big improvements? I'm just wondering if they'll be worth the extra $$ (I can get a good deal on a 2006 now). How important are the deeper recline and the footbrake? (I am still in the expectant mama stage and am a bit clueless). thanks for any help.

lilhilly
01-12-2007, 01:29 PM
Well, not having seen the 2007, I really can't say. And it depends how you plan to use the stroller. Do you want to use it from day one? If so, you probably will want the deeper recline because I think the current version is only recommended from 6-8 weeks on or something like that. The footbrake wouldn't impact my decision, personally, because we don't live in a hilly area and I've always found the handbrake sufficient for our needs (I have a 2006 Ironman).

If you just want the stroller for running (which you can't do until the babe is 6 mos. or older anyway) or if you are planning to use a snap and go + car seat initially, I'd say go for the good deal on the 2006. But again, it's really a personal decision for you based on how you think you will use the stroller and what features are most important to you.

zembaby
01-12-2007, 06:06 PM
I don't think my answer is going to be very different than the previous post but I was looking at strollers recently and loved the BOB but didn't get the 06 version because I didn't like the partial recline for a newborn. Also, I wanted more padding on the seat than what the BOB has. After looking at a zillion strollers and trying to decide what features I liked I decided I didn't want the BOB as the main stroller for my baby because I wanted the option to reverse the seat and look at the baby (We got the Zooper Zydeco but other strollers like the Bumbleride flyer have a reversible handle and also the new Peg Uno should have that, and other strollers too). However, if its not a very important feature for you then the new 07 with full recline should be wonderful for a newborn (though I haven't seen it yet).
Also one more thing to keep in mind is that many people here recommend to get a smaller stroller for running errands and for the mall. The BOB is pretty light (relatively) but still big. We are thinking about getting either a frame+car seat or the new Peg Aria for that.
HTH!
:)