PDA

View Full Version : need help! zydeco v. zippy v. flyer or your suggestions!

Kal275
01-13-2007, 08:59 PM
Hi everyone!

first time mom shopping for a stroller. would love to hear any comments about the above strollers that we're considering-- the Zooper Zydeco, Inglesina Zippy, or Bumbleride Flyer. Another key for us is that the stroller is availible at a large retaile store, i.e., BBB or BRU. We need to be able to register for it.

Here are our key features:
- ability to reverse handle or seat
- lays flat or has bassinet
- easy fold
- easy steering (i love that all four wheels rotate on the bumbleride)

We haven't yet seen the Zooper or Inglesina in person, but we're going to try this weekend. I look forward to your comments!

-Kristen

nfowife
01-13-2007, 11:02 PM
For your main stroller- I would not get the zydeco at all. It is a very large all-terrain and you don't want to get it in and out of the car often.
The zippy does not reverse the handle or seat, so I'm not sure what steered you in that direction?
There is the PP Venezia, or the new Uno (I think that's the new model that reverses) that would be good choices. The venezia handle reverses and I think on the uno the seat reverses. Check out peg perego and look at their new line that's coming out right now.
The flyer is nice but they've had some quality control issues with the wheels and it is also very large in terms of the footprint.
Another option might be the i'coo infinity (like the rock star baby and bugaboo but without the bassinett, it's at BRU)

zembaby
01-14-2007, 12:19 AM
We just got the Zooper Zydeco and really like it. We actually plan to use it as our main stroller (we'll see how that goes...). It is really huge and takes us about half the trunk in our SUV but for us it was really important to get an all terrain stroller since our neighborhood doesn't have any sidewalks and I didn't want a stroller with smaller wheels like the Flyer or Zippy.
anyway, I just wanted to add that I checked out the Bumbleride strollers and even though they are beautiful and have most of your key features, I didn't like the fold at all. It was the only stroller that pinched my fingers. Twice!
I saw the Zippy at the right start (they have baby registries) but both the Bumbleride and the Zooper strollers are only available at small maternity stores in my area. However, you can get both on Amazon and they have a baby registry as well.

HTH!

MNmomtobe
01-14-2007, 01:02 AM
Hmmm... the only strollers that come to mind are not any that you are considering except maybe the Zydeco which is huge. The ones that may meet your specs are the Rock Star Baby or a Bugaboo. Of course, they would not be available at a larger retail store like BRU. Combi has an I-Thru that has a reversible seat and lays flat. DH and I test drove this and DH didn't care for it however. Personal preference. Thought it seemed too flimsy.

As far as the BR Flyer, too many quality issues IMO. I have yet to test one out that didn't have horribly squeaky wheels. I have test-driven 5 of them at different stores hoping one wouldn't have the wheel issue because I badly wanted to buy this at one time. I couldn't get over the squeaky wheel thing and decided to pass. BR does have good customer service though. There are other posters here that had to have replacement wheels sent to them and are now happy with their Flyers.

Kal275
01-14-2007, 05:00 PM
Hi, thanks for all your advice!

We did test drive both the venizia and the duo. We liked the Venezia, but didn't like the duo because only the front two wheels rotated. This meant that when we flipped the handle over the stroller was really hard to steer!

The bumbleride was availible at buy buy baby, and we test drove that, and didn't have any problems with the wheels. I know in the past not all the wheels rotated, but they do now, which seems to have resolved some of the issues people had with the stroller.

I haven't seen the RSB yet, and would like to see it in person. My mom and I are going to a stroller store tommorrow that might carry it. Have any of you test drove the RSB? It didn't get very good reviews from some of the posters at baby-gaga.com.

thanks for the tips so far and i look forward to any other suggestions!

-K