PDA

View Full Version : Flying with MBUS and a question...

bensmom243
01-14-2007, 09:15 AM
I think I want to get a MBUS for walks in our neighborhood and on a bumpy beach road near our house, elitecarseats.com has the 2005 model on sale. Is there a big difference between the 2005 model and the 2006/2007?

Also, we are headed to the Bahamas next month and I need to decide which stroller to bring for our 6-month old. We are going to my parents home and the road in is of the bumpy dirt road islandy type, I could bring my Techno but I think the MBUS is better suited for it. We have to fly on USAir to Ft. Lauderdale, will the MBUS be safe if we gate check it?

Thanks,

Jill

bubbaray
01-14-2007, 01:08 PM
The 2005 model was subject to TWO handlebar recalls. I would ask the retailer if the ones they are selling have been fixed.

When you gate check anything, usually the airlines make you sign a damage waiver, saying that they aren't liable if the product is damaged. So, no guarantees.

HTH

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: c/s 01/2007

lovetoresearch
01-18-2007, 12:04 AM
Great question... we were wondering the same thing for an upcoming trip to Hawaii. Is the travel bag accessory worth purchasing for travel? Or does it simply protect from scratches, or is there padding inside, etc.? For $85, I would hope it's more than just a canvas bag that says Mountain Buggy on it...

Thanks for any input!