PDA

View Full Version : 2007 BOB revolution?

pb&j
01-15-2007, 01:22 PM
Anyone seen the 07 rev IRL? Is it exactly the same as the 06, except for the recline? I'm assuming there are no great deals to be had on such a new stroller, but please correct me if I'm wrong. ;)

-Ry,
mom to Max the one year old
and my girl in heaven

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/37124.gif

PattyfromBabyChic101
01-16-2007, 07:22 PM
Yes, I posted about it on my site a few days ago.

This is the picture: http://photos1.blogger.com/x/blogger/499/794/320/836665/bob2007.jpg

The Right Start has it for sale: http://www.rightstart.com/

bubbaray
01-16-2007, 07:38 PM
Yes, I actually called BOB CS this afternoon. The only difference between the '06 and '07 is the seat fabric, which is where the recline mechanism is. So, if you have an '06, you can buy '07 skins (probably in the spring) and have a reclining '06. Sweet!

The CS guy didn't know the pricing for the seat skins, but he thought around $130. The canopy and low-boy basket skins are sold separately. So, if you want the chocolate/pink combo for an '06, you'd need to buy all three. I'm already considering it!

HTH

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: c/s 01/2007

maylips
01-23-2007, 12:08 PM
Hi, Melissa,

I noticed in a lot of your posts that you advocate the '07 BOB for the extra reclining feature. In your opinion (or anyone else's on the board that knows), is that worth the full price for a 2007 over the sale prices of the 2006? (I saw one '06 online for $299 that included the $20 console add-on vs the $360 of the '07 models)

Our baby is due in March so either way we'd have to purchase the car seat adaptor so she can ride in it from the time she's born.

And, not to make this post too long, but do any of you recommend waiting until the baby comes before purchasing? Will there be even better deals out there in two more months?

Appreciate so much the input all of you give to your experiences. It's so overwhelming, not knowing what is needed/not needed in parent-land! This message board has been a huge help.

bubbaray
01-23-2007, 04:57 PM
For a newborn, YES. You will definitely need the fuller recline of the '07. The '06s have barely any recline at all -- I really wouldn't even call it a recline. Just a less-upright sitting position.

I'm not a huge fan of car seat adapters and actually don't use them myself. Firstly, car seats are for car use -- not for walking, etc.. There are lots of posts on here as to why (basically flat head/positional placephalograph (sp?)). Secondly, lots of kids hate their car seats, my DD was one of them. Frankly, I'd skip the car seat adapter and get the '07. You'll definitely use the recline feature with an infant. Get a fleece insert of somesort, whether its real sheepskin or fleece is your personal choice. I use the StrollSoft with my strollers.

I wouldn't really expect deals on the '07s until the end of the year. HOWEVER, REI has their 20% off sale soon (February?) and the '07 will be on sale then. 20% off is probably about as good as you'll get without getting a year-end sale price. Plus, the '07 year end price probably won't be as good as the difference between the '06s and the '07s (because the '07s have the huge recline improvement).

Good luck!

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: c/s 01/2007

maylips
01-23-2007, 09:51 PM
Good point about the car seat issues. Did you have trouble when your DD fell asleep and you had to transfer her to the car seat? Or does that not happen often enough to matter?

Thanks for the heads up on REI. Their sale price for the 2006 models is only 20% off right now anyway, so I could get the same price on the '07 model by just waiting.

Last two questions: The non-adjustable handlebars work for tall people? (DH is 6'3) And if we get the BOB, you'd recommend which accessories?

Thanks again for your advice...

junebaby2006
01-24-2007, 01:47 AM
There are also 2 options to choose from this year - one with 2 16 inch wheels and 1 12 inch wheel or one with 3 12 inch wheels. I am curious to see if REI is going to be carrying the 2nd option.

Lori