PDA

View Full Version : reviews for baby jogger city series- SINGLE

dlap
01-18-2007, 03:53 PM
hey

i am seeking some decent reviews on the baby jogger city series single. (find quite a few on double) Pros/Cons? has anyone used with the carrycot option? Are 2007 models out yet?

thanks in advance.

strollerqueen
01-18-2007, 11:12 PM
I have it reviewed on www.strollerqueen.com

Yes, the 2007's are out. The canopies pull more forward now, and the recline is one-handed.

dlap
01-19-2007, 10:51 AM
Hi I went to strollerqueen.com but i could only find the review of the baby jogger double. can you please let me know what page it is on.
Thank You

strollerqueen
01-19-2007, 10:16 PM
Eeek, maybe I didn't do one? Well, I have one. Can I answer any questions for you?

strollerqueen
01-19-2007, 10:25 PM
P.S. I have or have had the MBUS, Valco, E3, Explorer, BOB, Easy Walker, Quinny 3 XL, Kool Stride, Dreamer, etc., so I have a pretty good basis for comparison, lol! Let me know what you need!

skohng
01-21-2007, 10:33 PM
hm, SQ, I had the same question b/c i was trying to figure out how to apply your doubles review to the single. Would you say that the BJCS is "plusher" than the EW or MBUS? I'm debating btwn the three. And do yo think the BJCS is a good "all-purpose" stroller for a younger baby?

Sorry to hijack the post, OP!

strollerqueen
01-22-2007, 02:47 AM
Well, the single is just half of the double, basically. So yes, the review would apply. Plusher? Hmmm, I wouldn't really call any of them "plush." If that's what you want, you should just get a sheepskin and put it in there. That will make any stroller plush! And yes, I do think the BJCS is a good all-around stroller for a younger, or older baby. Although, I do think a reversible ability is important, too, for younger babies.

dlap
01-22-2007, 09:15 AM
thanks for the advice and help. I live in a city type enviornment and am not particularly looking for a jogging stroller but a good all terrain type because i will be doing much walking (few miles each day) Was seeking something as light as possible as I live on a third floor walk up and do have a car as well. And something suitable from birth. i know the city series has the carrycot as well as car seat adapters, which i liked. so i thought this might be a good fit.

Given all that do you have any other recommendations? Love the bugs but not sure the two part fold system would work well with my stairs. I agree i love the reversable handle.

Thanks again!!!

skohng
01-22-2007, 11:19 AM
hey mama,

i'm in the exact same boat as you! we live in chicago and are most likely moving into a walk-up. so we wanted something really light, but A/T for the snow and sidewalks.

I say look into the EasyWalker too. It also comes with a bassinet option, but it is even lighter than the bJCS (though I don't know how complicated the fold is). Strollerqueen and others seem to like it alot!

Another option is the Rock Star Baby, which is just like the Bug in a lot of ways (but cheaper! ha) and Babies R Us has the Infinity on sale for $160, which is exactly like the RSB but w/o the bassinet accessory.

So many choices! ds is 21 months old and we're trying to conceive #2, so I wanted something ds can use now that we can use later with a little one. To be honest the BJ is my fave pick so far b/c of how city-friendly it is. but the whole reversible seat option of the RSB really is tempting!

dlap
01-22-2007, 12:38 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I never knew this would be so tough!!!

I saw the easy walker in a store and liked it, however the sales rep talked me out of it saying the quality is not that great and he sold a few then customers came back claiming they had some broken parts after very little use. Since it was not cheap, I decided against it. I did not have a chance to test drive it myself so I will go back.

I saw the RSB but honestly I can't get over all the logos and branding all over it. I know that may be my own issues, but I don't see why it has to say Rock Star Baby on the stroller multiple times. My husband had an issue with that as well. All in all it seemed like a nice stroller though. Not lightweight though but folds with seat attached. I will take a look at the infinity.
Thanks again!

strollerqueen
01-22-2007, 02:55 PM
I have all three, so they are all great choices, lol! My DH uses the Infinity in the A.M. to take DS to school, and I use the Easy Walker to pick him up. The steering is SO amazing on it! I think it is very well-made, I don't know what could break? I have the BJCS in the car, because of the awesome fold. The steering is very good on that, too.

jammytoast
01-24-2007, 10:49 AM
we've got the '06 BJCS and have used it since birth with a Snuzzler insert. LOVE it. Use it for city walks, country walks, mall trips (a bit too bulky for dept store trips, but good for grocery shopping!)

I just reclined it as far as it would go and never had any problems -I wouldn't have bothered with the bassinet. Also dind't bother with the car seat adapter. I wouldn't want to have to remove/replace the whole seat fabric to use it. If I really needed it, I would just go with a snap and go (they're about the same price as the adapter anyway!)

I can't comapre the weight to other AT strollers, but it does take a little effort to carry it up a flight of stairs (maybe that's just because my 5'2 arms are short!)