PDA

View Full Version : Talk me out of the Valco Buggster!

jschoff
01-19-2007, 10:21 PM
OK. I'm looking for a new lightweight stroller for my 21-month-old son. I have a Zooper Boogie (which I love) for outdoors, so this is strictly for errands and for car trips to my parents house. My son is really big -- he's already 36 pounds and 35" tall with really broad shoulders. I had the Chicco C5 and he *hated* it - found it so uncomfortable. So I'm ready to upgrade to something decent. My wish list:
* upright seat (my son doesn't like to slouch or recline)
* compact fold (my trunk isn't very big)
* has broad/high seat back to accommodate my big boy
* not plastic looking - something more metal and sporty
* a bumper bar would be nice
* decent basket since I'll use it for shopping
* price under $250 (would consider last year's model or used)

I dislike the look and feel of the Pegs and the Inglesina's I've seen (though I don't think I've seen the Swift). They are just too traditional and have a little too much plastic on them. The Maclarens seem to slouch too much.

I *love* the look of the Valco Buggster and it seems to meet all my criteria and then some. But the price! I really don't want to spend $325!

So, ideas? alternatives I'm missing?

Thanks!
Jill

strollerqueen
01-19-2007, 11:49 PM
Sounds perfect to me! I love mine! :)

dscollier3
01-20-2007, 02:12 AM
Boy, it sure does sound like the Buggster would fit your list. I have one and love it, so I'm not much help in talking you out of it. After reading your list, the only other one that comes to mind is the I'coo Pico 4 though. Have you checked out that one too?

Sharon

luvmypeanut
01-20-2007, 03:28 PM
I've mine, too. I've got two, one for each kid. My kids are tall and my dd is 45 lbs so it's one of the only options for me. We love them for Disneyland trips. I got one of mine off of ebay and you should try SWAP. I seem to recall one or two for sale a little while ago.

I'm not crazy about the fold, it's a little fiddly to open, but other than that I have no complaints. I'm a bit interested in the Micralite but I can't find any info on the weight limit. I think Strollerqueen has pics up on her website.

rupptopia
01-21-2007, 10:03 PM
Sorry, I can't talk you out of it! I love mine too!

My DS is also really big for his age, I'm guessing he is about 39 inches or so at almost 28 months. The buggster is great for large kiddos, it handles like a dream. DS has plenty of room left in it, both height wise & width wise. I like to hang bags off the back & it is not tippy at all, even w/o him in it. Best of all, he really likes to ride in it! I think it is quite comfy for him.

I do hate the brake, it is so hard to unlock! And the fold is a bit goofy, but the pluses far outweigh the negatives.

Go for it! You won't be disappointed. . . :)

suspants
08-26-2007, 11:38 AM
I just received my Valco Buggster. It is quite cool and the ride is so much better than I hoped. I was torn between a Mac and the Buggster...my husband HATED the fact that the Mac was so tippy. The Buggster is much more "solid" and my 8 month old loves riding in it! I do agree that the fold takes some getting used to, but it's worth it. If your a minimalist like me, this is the stroller to get!