PDA

View Full Version : Chicco vs Graco Travel System

momtobe2007
01-20-2007, 04:42 PM
I can't decide between the Chicco travel system or the Graco (snugride) travel system. Which is better...more convenient? I've heard the chicco carseat is much heavier and doesn't fit in carts. Graco stroller is heavier.
What about safety? Both carseats seem to be fairly similar? Just need help deciding from those who have either!

lilac0422
01-20-2007, 09:55 PM
The Keyfit carseat is far easier to install especially in a car without LATCH. The Keyfit is not that much heavier, maybe a pound. Trust me with a baby in the seat they all feel heavy and cumbersome. No the Keyfit does not fit on top of carts. It was designed that way though because it is not safe to put the seat up on the top. It is much safer to put the seat in the cart and it does fit in the basket part. I have little experience with Graco strollers as they are way too huge for my tastes but I have a Chicco C1 and I love it. It is very well made.

Both carseats are similar except the Chicco is much deeper than the Snugride and will probably last longer because of it. They both pass safety tests so they are equal in that respect. Every time I install the Keyfit in seconds, I realize that I would have been crazy to buy anything else. If you never move the Snugride base after it is installed than maybe installation is not a big deal for you. We only have one base though and so installation is very important to me. Good luck