PDA

View Full Version : Inglesina Swift vs. Trip?

MNmomtobe
01-21-2007, 12:42 PM
I was all set to get a Trip. I cannot find a local store where I can test drive one but I have heard nothing but great things about it here, especially about the non-tippiness factor. However, I did find a Swift to try out and was surprised how far it reclined. It was a bit tippy though when I put my heavy diaper bag on the handles without DD in it. Not Maclaren tippy but enough to bug me. I also realized that the Swift had suspension on the wheels like the Trip.

The Trip is advertised as a light-weight non-tippy stroller on the letsgostrolling website. Could someone tell me how it compares with the Swift? Unless it is truly non-tippy (like a P3 or Zippy), I see no reason not to look at a cheaper Swift or maybe the Zooper Twist.

I was planning on using this stroller when DD was about a year old.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. TIA! :)

skohng
01-22-2007, 01:58 PM
I don't own either, but I've test-driven both pretty extensively :) The Trip seems "more" stroller to me, and the recline is a little deeper. It also has the extendable legrest, sits a little higher off the ground, and the handles are a little taller.

Strollerqueen has an EXCELLENT comparison of all the Inglesinas (specs, dimensions, SBS pics) on her website. In general the Trip looks a little roomier. Personally, if/when we have baby #2, I'd want to get the Trip for the little one!

I think both the Trip and Swift are pretty lightweight, but if you want something to throw in and out of the car I think the Swift would be nice b.c of the lightweight. However, I remember ds liking the extendable legrest feature of our P3 well into his 18th month or so, so that depends on your child's preferences. Both seem like a great choice!

MNmomtobe
01-22-2007, 08:46 PM
Thanks for your response. I guess I will have to figure out what I'm willing to give up in a stroller. I do want something that will fold up very compactly like the Swift. Did you find the Trip tippy? I do like the carrying handle on the Trip.

skohng
01-22-2007, 11:40 PM
Hmm... I think I remember a carrying handle on the Swift too, but I could be totally off. I didn't find the Trip tippy at all, like the Macs. To be fair to Maclaren, I do like the "sleekness" of their design a little better; the Inglesinas still felt a *little* plasticky -- or something -- to me, but not too much to take away from the performance at all. I'm in the middle of trying to change up our strollers too, and decided to go with a Swift for now, then switch out to a Volo for the summer (when we'll be taking buses everywhere!)

heather13
01-23-2007, 09:13 AM
I made a three hour drive to Chicago specifically to test drive both because it was tough for me to find them in person too. I had planned to get the Swift originally until I test drove the Trip. It all comes down to personal preference, but I found the Trip to be a more solid stroller. Since I wanted a stroller for more than just mall errands I went with the Trip and love it. I'd say it's tippy without baby inside only when my diaper bag is extremely full (usual stuff plus lunch, two cameras and beverages for both of us). But generally I can get the diaper bag (or at least the cooler or camera bag) into the bottom basket so that's not a crucial factor for me.

Oh, and my DD was about 10 months when we first started using it. It seems like the fold was very similar for both the Trip and Swift but I can't recall completely.

MNmomtobe
01-25-2007, 11:48 AM
Thanks! I would say my diaper bag is always extremely full! LOL!
Was the Trip less tippy than the Swift in comparison? Was the basket easy to access? TIA!

heather13
01-25-2007, 03:37 PM
I felt that the Trip was definitely less tippy than the Swift. The basket is kind of shaped like an "L" - the part under my daughter is not as easy to access so I usually put my purse or something we likely won't need there, then my diaper bag has to be put in sideways (it's pretty wide). I think the basket in the Swift is similar but can't recall exactly. It may have been slightly bigger but not enough to make a huge difference for me.

Heather

MNmomtobe
01-26-2007, 12:11 AM
Thanks so much Heather. It's good to know that the Trip is less tippy. That makes my decision much easier! :)