PDA

View Full Version : Please help --- paralyzed with stroller indecision! :)

crimsonowl
01-21-2007, 03:52 PM
My daughter is now 8 months old, and to date, we haven't needed a stroller b/c our Bjorn and slings have worked beautifully for long walks, occasional hikes, errands, etc. But DD is getting heavy, and I now need a stroller.

I want a three-wheel, all-terrain, easy-to-manuever, smooth-steering, long-term stroller --- one that's good for long walks on the steep hills, sidewalks, and uneven dirt and gravel trails in our neighborhood, but that also could fit in my smallish Lexus SUV and work for the occasional shopping excursion, downtown festival, museum visit, or greenbelt hike. It doesn't have to be super light-weight, but it needs to fold compactly and easily enough that I can check it on airplanes without too much hassle. If the stroller works for (slow) jogging, that's a bonus but not a necessity. We hope to have another child in a couple years, and the possibility of conversion to a double is appealing, but again, not a necessity. I am a first-time mom and am still naive enough to think that I can get away with one stroller, but if need be, I'll likely buy a light-weight Maclaren, too.

I've spent months researching and had narrowed my choices to the 2007 BOB Revolution, the Valco Runabout Tri-Mode, and the Mountain Buggy Urban Single. (I had eliminated the Phil & Ted's E3, the Bugaboos, the Bumbleride, and others for various reasons.) But because I can't find the Valco or MBUS anywhere in my city and am skeptical about buying a stroller online sight-unseen, I had decided on the Revolution. Now, in doing final pre-purchase research, I see a lot of great comments about the Zooper Zydeco and Boogie, and I am again confused.

So, please, help me decide. Will I be disappointed with the 2007 Revolution? What are its limitations? And does another stroller better fit the bill for my needs? Thanks so much!

Joolsplus2
01-21-2007, 04:23 PM
I think the BOB is great... I'm totally in love with my MB, but I played with a BOB a good deal at a store where I worked (in the stroller department, it was heaven, lol), and I thought it was *really* nice.
Zoopers are heavy... and bulky.. as far as I've ever seen of them, I'm just not sure that's the direction you want to go. How about an Easy Walker?http://stores.kiwi-kid.com/-strse-392/EasyWalker-All-dsh-Terrain-Stroller-&/Detail.bok
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx