PDA

View Full Version : Which for Disney Maclaren Triumph, Quest or Techno.

MATTYSMOMMY
01-22-2007, 01:19 PM
We are going to Disney World in September with a 2 year old. I want to get a Maclaren that is an umbrella fold to make the monorail and bus transportation easier. Which should I pick the Triumph, Quest or Techno. I want a basket underneath. Also, do any of the add on cup holders really work?

Thanks!

cindys
01-22-2007, 04:10 PM
We went to Disney with our 8 month old. We used our Techno XT and it was just perfect!!

Cindy

Momof3Labs
01-22-2007, 04:26 PM
Quest. Triumph has a shallow seat with no legrest, and the Techno is pretty full-featured and heavy for a 2yo. Though I really prefer the P3 for Disney - it doesn't tip when the tot hops out, unlike the Macs! Plus, the P3 basket is so much more functional than the useless Quest basket.

QNP
01-22-2007, 11:51 PM
We were just there during the busiest weeks of the year (Xmas and New Year)with our DD (2y 4mo). We brought our Quest and it was perfect. The light weight and ease of fold allowed us to hop on and off those trams/buses without a hitch. I was responsible for folding/unfolding the stroller. Being 7.5 mo pregnant, it was still an easy task. So I don't see why anyone would have difficulty w/ the Quest. We didn't need to fold the stroller for the monorail rides.

It was cold and rainy while we were there. I was able to place DD's jacket, 2 fleece pull-overs, and 3 rain ponchos in the basket easily. It's tippy but I solved that by hanging the bags as close to the stroller's center of gravity as I could without compromising DD's comfort. It worked for us.

Have fun at WDW! We're returning in Sept '07 too. What a coincidence!

Niki_n_Abby
01-23-2007, 09:29 AM
I would take an Inglesina Swift or Trip. Same ease of use but much less tippy then the Macs. I took my SC Micro(like a Volo) the first time I took dd to Disney and it was horribly tippy. I took my Swift this last time and it was heaven. It held dd comfortably, held everything I needed it to and didn't go flying backwards every time dd jumped out of it.

Niki

dscollier3
01-23-2007, 11:09 AM
I second that one! The Inglesina Swift or Trip for sure. If you like the Quest, get the Trip. If you like the Triumph or Volo, get the Swift. Neither one of them are as tippy as the Macs are and will be much less frustrating throughout the day for the parent. Just my 2¢. :-)

Sharon

jbrandy
01-23-2007, 09:53 PM
We love our Mac Quest! We took it to FL last summer to Sea World. It was fantastic. We've had ours for several years now and it is definately my favorite -- it's light, comfortable for DS, has room underneath and works great with my Skip Hop diaper Bag. I would definately recommend it! It also did well on the plane ride.

Beth B
DS 4-4-03
DS #2 4-07

jeminaal
01-23-2007, 11:33 PM
>Also, do any of the add on cup holders really work?

We use a Valco Cupholder for our Maclaren Twin Traveller and our old Pliko before they started making cupholders for Pegs. They do a great job for us. :)

Jeanette
(formerly known as jeanmick, member since Feb 2003)

DD Born Christmas Eve
DS Born Valentine's Day