PDA

View Full Version : BR Flyer or Zooper Waltz?

JoyNChrist
01-26-2007, 03:23 AM
I KNEW I shouldn't have started looking again...I'd made up my mind (was getting the Zooper Waltz), then I cruised on over to the BumbleRide site and well...now I just don't know.

Has anyone tried both of these strollers IRL? I'm having to order online and can't test-drive anything first, and it's driving me crazy.

Anyway, I noticed that there's only about a $10 difference between the new Flyers and Waltzes. That's not enough to make or break the deal for me. So...what do y'all think?

- I like that the Flyer has the adjustable and reversible handle.

- I like the fabric choices of both, although I think I like the Flyer a little more.

- The Flyer is a little heavier than the Waltz (but I'm wondering if 2 pounds would really make that much difference).

I just don't know...ARGH! Delivering the baby has to be easier than this! :-)

Somebody make up my mind for me - PLEASE!

ETA - If I can find a 2006 Zooper Waltz in the color I want (teal), I'll probably just go with that, since it's quite a bit cheaper. But I don't like the black or navy fabrics, and that seems to be all I can find. So it looks like the more expensive 2007 models, which is what has me so confused!

MNmomtobe
01-27-2007, 12:38 PM
I have heard nothing but good things about the Waltz 2006 model.
This was a stroller I had considered but decided in the end to go with an umbrella fold type stroller. I LOVED the Waltz! It is definitely more compact when folded than the Flyer. It is great for a newborn since it reclines flat. I loved the zippered canopy that allowed for ventilation for hot weather.
I was not at all impressed with the Flyers that I tested. They all had squeaky wheels, steering wasn't great, and it is HUGE! I felt like I kept bumping into things. I had an easier time steering the Rocket which is the 3-wheeler, but it may be slimmer overall than the Flyer.
However, both Bumble Ride and Zooper have excellent customer service.
If the weight doesn't bother you, you really want the reversible handle, and you are prepared to deal with having to have the wheels replaced, then get the Flyer. At least I know that BR Customer service will try to take care of any issues.

lovetoresearch
01-27-2007, 12:54 PM
I've pushed both- LOOOVE the Waltz (2007 and 2006), the Flyer is pretty, but I felt like I was pushing a semi (it's pretty big!).

Nooknookmom
01-27-2007, 01:47 PM
The flyer is really bulky & I didn't think it pushed well at all. I had to man-handle it around the store. I didn't care for their choice of fabrics (felt flimsy) either.

hlam897
01-28-2007, 04:24 PM
I have the same problem you do! I really liked the Flyer on paper but was disappointed when I pushed one IRL (2006 model). It didn't feel stable and as well made as the Waltz (2007 model). The fold is much bigger on the Flyer and it definitely feels heavier (even though the Flyer is only 2 lbs heavier than the Waltz the bulkiness makes it much more difficult to lift). Both have a flat recline so both are good for newborns. The Waltz comes with a boot, rain cover and a fantastic sun canopy with built-in ventilation whereas the Flyer also comes with a boot plus reversible and adjustable handles. HTH.

I think I'm going to get the Waltz instead but I'll let DH have his test drive first before making a decision.

Harriet