PDA

View Full Version : Which umbrella stroller for a cruise?

geochick
01-27-2007, 10:04 AM
We'll need:

a good sun shade
a good napping stroller
small and portable
something that won't break the bank (dh will freak when I tell him we need to add another stroller to the growing collection)

Thanks.

mariza
01-28-2007, 07:57 PM
WHat do you have already? I brought my P3 on our Hawaii cruise last year and it was perfect! If you have one I would bring it.

Mariza
Mommy to my "Thing 1" DD 1/05
and "Thing 2" DS 9/06

geochick
01-28-2007, 08:33 PM
I have a Zippy, a BOB, and a Baby Jogger City Series. I would take the Zippy, but I worry about it being a bit too much of a stroller for narrow cruise ship hallways and boat tenders that will take us to ports. The others are also much too big. I want something smaller than a Zippy. Did you have to use tenders on your Hawaii trip? Perhaps the Zippy will be fine.

mariza
01-29-2007, 08:31 AM
No, we did not use tenders. The one port that we were supposed to use them, the captain decided that the water was too rough, so we never got to dock there and ended up with an extra day at sea.
It never seemed tight in the hallways to me, but we were on a brand new ship (Pride of America) I'm not sure how this compares to older ships as it was my first cruise since I was 10!
Can you call the cruise line and ask if the have size restrictions on the tenders or how they handle them? There were a few Graco's on our trip, I imagine the cruiseline has a way of doing this.
I was really glad to have my P3 since we were out for long periods of time and DD had a familiar and cozy place to sleep.

Mariza
Mommy to my "Thing 1" DD 1/05
and "Thing 2" DS 9/06

PAfirsttimemom
01-29-2007, 10:33 AM
Hello. Read the post on the 2007 Aria. (We just bought this stroller but haven't had a chance to try it out yet, other than in the store). Sounds like this may work nicely for you, though, based on the features you're looking for. It's super lightweight and compact and has a simple fold. It reclines for napping, and the sun shade ratchets forward very far for good coverage. It is smaller and narrower than its big sister, the P3. I would think it'd be great on a cruise ship. The downside is that is is pricey at $200. You can get older model Arias for cheaper right now, but I have read that the sun shade on those models was smaller, so you'd probably want the 2007 if sun protection is a factor.

Have fun!