PDA

View Full Version : combi i thru

asha07
01-29-2007, 01:38 PM
New here... just started looking for a stroller and I am a bit overwhelmed (and that's an understatement!)

I am a suburban mum (or I will be in April). I was at Babies'r'us and while the salesperson was trying really hard to sell us some peg perego stroller + infant car seat, a lady recommended getting a Graco infant car seat (highest safety ratings) and a snap'n'go (or whatever it is called) for the first few months, and then buy a real stroller. She looked like she knew what she was talking about (had 3 young children with her). I am inclined to follow her advise, but I am a bit worried about keeping my baby in an infant car seat if we go out for the day (which I hope we'll do from time to time). For that, I really like the bassinet feature, but since I guess I won't be using it a lot I wouldn't want to invest a fortune on it. I just came across the Combi I Thru and I think I like it, but I don't really know much about it. It does seem to fit my requirements:

- reasonable price for a bassinet(-like) feature
- forward / rear facing
- lightweight / maneuverable
- infant car seat attachment not needed
- bright color (hopefully)

Any help/advise will be appreciated!!

Jacksmommy2b
01-30-2007, 12:54 PM
I have the Orange one as a second stroller (we also have a P3) and I really like it. I bought it slightly used from Stroller Swap and I do use often, even the 'basinette' portion and Jack is now 8 months old. The basinette is acheived when you rear face the seat, completely recline the seat and attach the boot.

The Forward/rear facing option is really nice. You pull one leaver and pull off the whole seat and flip it around. The sun shade is great and the boot is functional but not really padded or lined. I think it's more for look than actual use :)The padding in the seat is cozy and ample. J has never been anything but comfortable in this stroller.
The organge color is nice - I would call it like orange khaki - not too bright but not boring either! I always get compliments on this stroller.

It is pretty lightweight for what it does and it handles pretty well, but i am not a huge fan of combi steering. It is harder to manuver compared to the P3.
You can not put a car seat in the combi! For us that was no big deal because J hated his carseat pretty early on, and I liked the idea of not keeping him trapped in the thing anyway.

As he gets older he spends more time in the P3 but the Combi is still a nice ride for him.

My only complaints would be the steering is not as nice as other strollers (Just my opinion - some love the combi feel) and it can sometimes give me a hard time unfolding. Other than that I think it is a great affordable basinette stroller!

Also, I think BRU may have them on sale for around $150 (not bad from the origninal selling price of $300)If it's not BRU check the other big names (target, walmart, baby depot)

Let me know if I can anwer any other Questions for you!

nfowife
01-30-2007, 03:18 PM
If you do a search, I posted an extensive review with pictures about a year ago.

clueless_mom
02-02-2007, 05:20 PM
I just bought the i-thru in citrus from amazon.com. I'm only 18 weeks pregnant, but I decided to buy it anyway, because from what the local Combi dealer told me, they're discontinuing it. Combi's website doesn't even list it anymore.

I bought it for the exact same reasons you listed. I really like it, from what I've been able to tell from pushing it around the house (not much space to do that, though). Amazon is sold out of them (at their recently discounted price of $149, but they are offering it through another online dealer at $175 (http://tinyurl.com/29fhod).

Hope this helps!

Jacksmommy2b
02-10-2007, 06:36 PM
I just found the sand combi for $169.00 on babycatalog.com