PDA

View Full Version : e3 twin or Valco runabout twin? suggestions are welcome

RaTJ_A_Bean
02-04-2007, 11:54 AM
I'm hunting for a double stroller because I'm 6 weeks pregnant. I've got a 1 year old ds. My ds will be 21 months when the new baby comes so he's going to be riding in a stroller for quite awhile. I considered getting either a valco runabout or an e3, but I really think I need a double stroller, not a single stroller with a toddler seat. I'm all set in the single stroller department. I've got a bugaboo cameleon and a chicco c5 already. So I'm wondering what you think of the e3 twin and the valco runabout twin and which one you'd recommend.

fivi2
02-04-2007, 02:56 PM
I have twins, so my needs were slightly different (I did not consider the e3). I ended up with the Baby Jogger city double - I love it. It is similar to the Valco. I have only seen one Valco, and it was pretty. But I went with the Baby Jogger because of the super easy fold - it really is incredibly easy to fold. I think you would be happy with either the Valco or the baby jogger. Hopefully someone with a toddler and a baby can weigh in. I am not sure how either work with small babies - my girls were 6 months before I got mine. HTH

QuinnieG
04-27-2007, 06:15 AM
Hi -

After a lot of thought, I purchased the Valco Runabout Twin. I have a 2 year old and another one on the way in July. My main reason for choosing the Valco was due to it's compatability with an infant seat. My friend was in a similar situation and chose the Baby Jogger City Double. She's had it for several months and loves it. It looks great, it's a little more streamlined than the Valco (not as many bells and whistles), but she does comment that she's glad her son (a premie) is a good sleeper and will go from the carseat to the stroller without waking up. I don't think you can go wrong with either, you just have to decide if you want a stroller that is infant seat compatible. Also, just a word of warning: My friend uses her stroller day to day and did warn me that it was heavy and awkward to get in and out of the car, well, the Valco is the same. It folds up easily, but because of it's weight and size, I can see how it's going to be a struggle to lift it in and out (keep in mind I'm 7.5 months pregnant). I tried picking it up yesterday and it's heavy. Unfortunately, I think your going to have that with any double jogger. In closing (sorry to be so long), I love the look of my Valco and love all the options. It's everything I read about. My 2 year old just couldn't wait to sit in it and once he did he didn't want to get out. That's always a plus! Good luck!

craftysierra
04-27-2007, 01:13 PM
I have a Valco and for me the deciding factor was mostly my son's prefrence for the seat. We went to right start and he was resistant to sitting in most of the strollers. He is happy sitting in the seat of the valco and normally will get in whan it is time to go even if he is not happy about leaving. Also for me was the prospect of a 3 seater stroller and in a few months we will use it as one. The baby jogger was also in the middle of a recall when I bought my double. But for my situation with #3 on the way I am happy I went with the valco.

Sierra

teagirl
04-29-2007, 10:38 PM
I'm in a similar situation to you. I'm expecting DD#2 in July and she will be 22 months younger than DD#1.

Like you, I currently have a Bugaboo Cameleon and an umbrella stroller (in my case, a Maclaren Quest). I chose those 2 because of their relatively light weight.

I looked at the Valco Runabout Twin and the MBUD and personally, I found them too bulky and hard to fold up, so I've bought a P&T Sport that I plan to use as my main double stroller (at least for the first year). Frankly, I even thought the Valco Runabout Single was too heavy and hard to fold up.

Considering the 2 single strollers you currently own (which are pretty lightweight for their categories), are you sure that you want an all-terrain SBS as your only double stroller? They're generally so heavy and hard to fold up and put in the car. The other thing I didn't like about the SBS doubles is their width.

I'm planning to use the P&T Sport as my mall/indoor double stroller. If it ends up not being up to snuff for longer walks/trips outdoors, I may eventually get an all-terrain SBS (probably a BJCSD or a BOB 12" Revolution Duallie), but after testing those out at the store, I realized that I didn't want one of those as my only double.