PDA

View Full Version : Worth buying a new single for 3YO? Or should I wait.

barbarak
02-07-2007, 04:51 PM
My 3 year old will be 4 in October. We have a pliko p3 that DH pushes her to school in and it's a tank, and we had a crappy umbrella that just bit the dust. I'm looking into getting another umbrella stroller, but want higher quality. I'm pondering these Britax Esprit (the cheapest) Mac Quest or Triumph (pricey, but goes up to 55 pounds, everyone seems to love them) or Zooper (also fairly cheap).

Here's the thing. We are trying for another baby and I'm wondering if this is a waste of money, if I'll end up trying to buy a double at some point or one with a backboard (The Pliko is not in great shape now). We live in LA, so it's not like we use it all day everyday or I would have bought one by now. Just wondering if to invest in one, and what to invest in.

Thanks for the advice. Looks like a great board.

lpl47
02-07-2007, 11:21 PM
My DS is the same age...

I think a new higher quality umbrella stroller would be worth it. If/when you have another (good luck, I hope you're successful soon) I don't think you'll need a double. Depending on your DD's age at the time, you probably will need something new - either a new P3 or something similar with a rear footboard for your older or at least something with a recline since the umbrellas can't be used until at least 3 or 6 months (depending on the stroller). The umbrella still won't go to waste, because when there's 2 adults, each kid can ride in a stroller (if DD wants to ride) or you'll likely use it for the baby as a second/travel stroller...

barbarak
02-08-2007, 12:51 PM
Thanks for your response and kind words. We miscarried recently, so will try again. Now I have to find the right stroller!