PDA

View Full Version : InStep double jogger

madibug
02-08-2007, 04:13 PM
Does anyone have an InStep double Jogger? My friend is looking to possibly buy an Instep double jogger. She has a 2yr old and is due with her second in July. She lives in a pretty rural area, so she won't be using this stroller in the mall or someplace like that. Any advice would be great!

Thanks,
Jen

HIU8
02-10-2007, 01:22 PM
I have the single. It's Ok. I don't use it for jogging so we keep the front wheel in swivel mode. The brake hits the wheels and makes a clicking sound (at least on mine, but it doesn't affect the use of the stroller). The seatback cannot go completely upright, but DS always sleeps in this stroller, so it never mattered. DH and I are actually looking at getting the double for DS and DC #2 only because we aren't getting an all terrain as our only stroller (I don't think I could consistenly lift 37 lbs in and out of the car). THe instep works for the walks we take in the neighborhood and in the park. Not sure about the double, but the single only folds halfway, so it is really hard to fit it well in the car.

HTH

Heather
DS 11/27/04
DD EDD 6/22/17

jray
02-12-2007, 12:22 AM
I have it, and like it okay for outdoor stuff. I got it for $69 on Amazon a few months ago, so for me it was a heck of a deal. :)

I mainly bought it for trips to the zoo, museum, walks outdoors, etc. It's pretty wide, and I've had trouble getting it into "some" doors. It's also quite beastly and heavy to pack up in the SUV. I will say, it doesn't sit upright too much and the shade doesn't cover much area...the seatbelts are okay (but it is a 5 pt harness, which is good). The good points: It's easy to manuever, steer, and turn. I can push it with one hand with no problems. The recline is pretty nice, too. I definitely wouldn't want it as my "everything" stroller - but for what your friend needs, it's be a nice choice on a budget. Good luck!!