PDA

View Full Version : Need help with stroller for San Diego Zoo, Disneyland, etc... for 2yo

swrenak
02-08-2007, 08:13 PM
I've never had a stroller I've liked, but am the kind of person to "make do" once I have something. Had a combi when baby #1 (4.5 yrs) was little (miserable). Have a baby trend sit & stand and a baby trend passport. These are OK for trips to the mall - my main stroller usage. We're planning a couple of trips this spring - one to San Diego and one to Disneyland. We will be driving from home, so no plane issues involved. I plan to make the 4.5+ year old walk - the sit n stand is just way too big. My son will be 2 in 6 weeks and is about 30 pounds, 36 inches. He just looks so cramped in the little passport. I saw an Aria at TJMaxx today ($139) and he had so much more room and it seemed so much smoother to push, which got me thinking. I see the reviews of it are not very good. I'd like to get something that we can use on vacation to make everyone more comfortable. I've seen comments about the Volo and Swift, but I also wonder about some of the Chiccos.
Since my boy is already nearly 2(and probably last child), I don't want to invest a ton on a new stroller right now, but I think I deserve something better than I've got! Please help with recommendations of lightweight, easy-fold, strollers with carrying basket for sweaters, etc.! Also recommendation of where to buy would be appreciated too.
Thanks!