PDA

View Full Version : New Release Dates for Phil & Ted's GT and SP (next gen E3)

stonecali
02-09-2007, 09:33 AM
Here is the latest response I received about when the new 2007 strollers would be released by Regal Lager.

"That date is now about last week of February, beginning March, but again it could vary with a week or two. Nothing is set in stone when it comes to production. The SP that replaces the E3 is now called 'sport' and the other one is still called the GT (that's the one with aluminum frame). The sport is the one with the Feb/Mar ETA. The GT is pretty far down the road. Mid summer maybe."

Dang! I am due May 5th with number 2. Can I wait until mid-summer ("maybe") to buy my double stroller. Booooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

neocorgi
02-09-2007, 01:09 PM
i was looking forward to P&T GT until i saw a photo of it. :( totally disappointed about the look of the fabric. i'm keeping my fingers crossed that P&T will have different one from this photo.

from DaddyTypes.com
http://daddytypes.com/2006/09/25/abc_report_phil_teds_steve_jobs.php

stonecali
02-10-2007, 10:43 AM
Are you talking about the "&" logo branding on the inside? Or, just the general look of the fabric?

twinkie
02-10-2007, 10:51 AM
Will the "sport" fold with the toddler seat on it, or is that only the aluminum frame GT model? I have been waiting on this stroller because I don't want to deal with the 2 part fold, but not having a double right now is driving me crazy!

stonecali
02-11-2007, 12:59 AM
The GT is the one that folds with the seat on. The main differences between the Sport and the GT is the aluminum frame and the way the seat attaches (you can fold it with the seat on). This is from the Regal Lager people:

"The E3 currently has hinges for the toddler seat that insert in the frame. The Sport will have this same mechanism. With the GT the hook up is totally different, you sort of slide the second seat into brackets and that will allow you to fold the stroller with the second seat on in the rear. You cannot do that now, you can only fold it when the second seat is attached in the front. Plus the aluminum frame of the GT is lighter. Not that the sport is particularly heavy when you think about that it is supposed to carry a total of 90 lbs. You need a sturdy frame for that. On the other hand, the sport has many, many improvements over the current E3. I would not feel that it is a burden to take off the second seat when it is in the rear position. It comes off so easily anyhow. The sport will have the ratchet style handle, the better fitting hood, the new type wheels (attaches or de-attaches with the push of a button), and a pegstand on the frame which will keep the seat, hood and covers in place securely."

I also think (but not confirmed by RL) that they have made the harness fit better as a lot of people complained it was too big. The RL rep was trying to tell me not to wait for the GT because the release date is total speculation (even when they say "summer" it might take longer for production). (I am due with #2 May 5th, so I might be waiting a while!). She said that the 2 part fold is pretty easy.

twinkie
02-11-2007, 10:31 PM
I don't think the 2 part fold is that big a deal when I am just popping the stroller into the trunk of the car. It is more for when I am using public transportation. Carrying a baby in a bjorn, a diaper bag, and a stroller, while also holding a toddler's hand is bad enough, but then to also have to carry a separate stroller seat---I just don't have that many hands!!!

C99
02-12-2007, 10:41 PM
The 2-part fold IS really easy. I was amazed at how easy the e3 folded, especially after the contortions I had to do w/ my ABC Buggy to get it in the trunk (the fold was easy, but I had to take off the damn front tires every time).

jray
02-13-2007, 11:21 PM
I'm with the other gals on the fold...it literally takes 1 second to POP off and on. It doesn't bother me in the least. :)

jray
02-14-2007, 08:38 AM
Does anyone know if you can still use the Bob Console with the new handlebar on the new P&T. By the picture, it doesn't look possible.

kerry0621
03-07-2007, 12:17 AM
Does anyone have any idea on the price of the GT? Will it be a lot more than the Sport?

strollerqueen
03-07-2007, 01:39 AM
I think they told me $100 more? I should go check my review, I think it's in there! :0

kerry0621
03-08-2007, 11:27 AM
I just talked to a rep from Strollandgo.com. He said they will have the new sport stroller today or tomorrow!! I can't wait to get mine :-)