PDA

View Full Version : inglesina trp vs pliko lite vs maclaren techno xt

beans
02-12-2007, 11:36 PM
help- i have a bugaboo but need a stroller for mall shopping. Any reccommendations- i can get them for approx the same price. I have a 6 month old and a three and a half yr old

dscollier3
02-13-2007, 12:44 PM
I've had the Pliko Lite and the Trip, and tested out the Techno XT. Off this list, for mall shopping, my first choice would be the Pliko Lite. It's not tippy, the basket is larger and if you put a caribiner clip on the handle loops you can hang bags off it. I used mine at a farmers market and had six bags hanging off clips on the handles, no sign of tipping. The Trip would be my next choice, it's my favorite all around umbrella stroller and I've had a few Macs to compare to. It's not as tippy as the Mac, though not as solid as the Pliko Lite in this regard. The handles are taller though, so if you are tall the Trip will fit you better.

The Techno would be my last choice for shopping, it's just too tippy and would drive me crazy if I had riders in/out while trying to hang a bag on a handle.

Any reason you're not considering the P3? Your 3.5yo could hitch a ride on the back step and it's not tippy. It has the same loops on the handles, you can put clips on there for bags easily.

HTH, Sharon

angee80
02-15-2007, 11:27 PM
I have a bugaboo and a pliko lite as my lighter, every day stroller. It is a bit heavier than Inglesina Trips and Techno XT's but it does have plushier padding, better basket, a cup holder, and most importantly, it holds shopping bags very well. I was attracted to maclarens initially due to its sleek design and most importantly, its light weight, but for shopping, I definitely recommend pliko lites because its not as tippy.

sdoyle
02-18-2007, 11:38 AM
I agree with the above. I don't have the Trip or Lite but do have the Techno XT and do no think it is a good mall stroller. If that is what you are looking for, definately look at the others. We live in a big city and travel to lots of other big cities where we are up and down a ton of stairs and in and out of subways. It is a GREAT stroller for that due to its weight and the raincover keeps out the elements and "street goo" when it is wet. It is pretty tippy though and the basket is not huge so it is definately not a "mall walker" but is a great stroller for other purposes.

Stacy